******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
Welp... its going about as expected...

Albert Einstein: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". <--- CIG with Friday patch releases and free-fly's to coincide with new patch release.

Soldato
God this game is crap. Its definitely not for me I just havent got the paitence. Tried the FPS Star Marine and its a basic clunky shoot em up. Character animation is not very fluid and I stood there observing other "players" at the spawn point just stood there twitching, very strange. 5-6 players not doing anything. So played about 15 minutes its okay but not very clear where you need to go. Also for some reason my shooting sound effect got stuck everytime I died so when I respawned it was still playing my shot noise repeatedly which was annoying.

Okay now for the main game. Went straight into it not reading anything on purpose just to see how easy it is to jump in. Selected New Babbage as my start off point. Woke up in bed, told me to press Y to get up. Fine. Then went to door and it wouldnt open. Finally figured out there is an Interaction Mode which lets you click on stuff so got through the door. Went to the elevator and got in. Said Floors 10-5 and nothing else. Spent few minutes going up and down in the lift visiting all the floors. All I want to do is fly. Conceded and looked at a guide and realised its long journey to my ship. Trying to figure out how to get to the Lobby when there are only 10-5 floors. Realised I was moving and another player got in and took me to the lobby. Dont know how he did it. Had a look round for a few minutes then proceeded to the train. Spent a few minutes looking at the weird way NPC's were going up and down the stairs almost sideways. Some were also stuck on the stairs and a couple got stuck on the players that were stuck. Eventually there was 6 NPC's all stuck on the stairs stopping other NPC's by the time I found out which key did the screenshots they had gone but here are some stuck on the stairs. All the below were frozen on the stairs with the black guy with white hair trying to get past the baldy guy.

ScreenShot0000.jpg

Waited for the train, turned round and watched people come down the stairs and disappear ! Got on the train, it was empty, probably as they disappeared off the stairs and never got to the train. I got to the spaceport but was too busy trying to click on things in the train none of which did anything. Tried to open the trash but nothing happened. Forgot to get off and went back again, another trip back to the space port. Got off the train and went upstairs. Saw another player who followed me and he headed off to Space Rentals. Went to Hangers, found my ship on the terminal it said in Hanger 4. Got in the elevator turned round, door shut and looked at the panel. Nothing. So now my player is stuck in the elevator and can not go anywhere or even open the doors.

ScreenShot0001.jpg

That was my first 25 minutes of Star Citizen and I never even got to the ship to fly. I`m sure there are easy ways to get straight into a ship but this game is not for me. I can see where they are trying to create
an experience and I`m sure people with more time on their hands than me will and do find it enthralling and thats fine but with its dated graphics, unclear pathways and poor design plus the bugs I have encountered you would expect a lot more polished product for the time and money already spent on it. If Squadron 42 ever sees light of day I think that would more suit my taste but kudos to RSI for the free try till 1st June at least you can see whether the game is for you and its clearly not for me.

Soldato
9O5enJL.jpg
dzcdybe.png
GhXXqoi.png
wlfGPum.png
VZzFlJf.jpg
VhJMwah.jpg
2Ku4TF3.png
2uA686W.png
Z20wxf9.jpg

Some pics of the Invictus fleet, you can see big turret at the back of Jav scale for size I'm perched right on the end, ******* mahoosive. The broadside Ship to Ship turrets have smaller anti-fighter guns on top of them lol.

Caporegime
@varkanoid if you're looking at the elevator panel use the scroll wheel to scroll down until you see "lobby". This is not obvious, there is no indication that you can scroll in that panel and yes that really isn't good enough.

The blank panel that you screen caped there is simply bugged, the contents from the screen is missing...
----------

NPC's have had 0 work done on them, they shouldn't be there but Chris wants them there to make it look less empty..... i wish they would just remove them until they at lest have had some work to make them less odd and glitchy.

The game, this patch more than most, its stuffed with bugs, too many to list. how you interact with the environment is not at all intuitive and there is almost no guidance for new players.

I love the game, i love the detail in it, i love the size of it, i love the ambition, i love how every object be it you, your ship or a planet is a real fully fleshed out asset and not just a cockpit or a texture sprite, the: see it, go there, go anywhere, land on it, walk on it... there is no: you can't actually go there and touch that, its just decoration, nothing in this game is just decoration.

But, i'm getting seriously worried about progress and their apparent inability just to release a stable patch that doesn't have anything wrong with it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
9O5enJL.jpg
dzcdybe.png
GhXXqoi.png
wlfGPum.png
VZzFlJf.jpg
VhJMwah.jpg
2Ku4TF3.png
2uA686W.png
Z20wxf9.jpg

Some pics of the Invictus fleet, you can see big turret at the back of Jav scale for size I'm perched right on the end, ******* mahoosive. The broadside Ship to Ship turrets have smaller anti-fighter guns on top of them lol.

Pretty awesome....

Thats two of the UEE capital ships, the one that's missing is the Bengal, and that dwarfs the Javelin.

All 3 are in this..

Soldato
Well

I've been waiting to play this game for a long time. It's something I've been excited about, but knew it would be worth waiting for development to progress.

Tried to free play today and I'm sad I did.

So much promise, but so horrid as an actual game play experience. Shame. Maybe I'll try again when it moves to Beta

Soldato
Well
So much promise, but so horrid as an actual game play experience. Shame. Maybe I'll try again when it moves to Beta

Despite the bugs, the terrible clunkyness, unnecessary size of the bases (seriously, why so many lifts/trams) and the pointless food/drink setups to count others....

Walking up to your own ship, dropping the cargo hatch, walking on then into the pilot seat before flying seemlessly into space, taking a space walk then then flying back into atmosphere is ******* awesome. As someone who played the original Elite and Elite2/Frontier it's what I've been waiting for all these years. It's just a shame it's bogged down with everything else.

TBH if Elite:Dangerous bucked up their ideas and got space legs/planetary landing I'd never look back.

Associate
God this game is crap. Its definitely not for me I just havent got the paitence. Tried the FPS Star Marine and its a basic clunky shoot em up. Character animation is not very fluid and I stood there observing other "players" at the spawn point just stood there twitching, very strange. 5-6 players not doing anything. So played about 15 minutes its okay but not very clear where you need to go. Also for some reason my shooting sound effect got stuck everytime I died so when I respawned it was still playing my shot noise repeatedly which was annoying.

Okay now for the main game. Went straight into it not reading anything on purpose just to see how easy it is to jump in. Selected New Babbage as my start off point. Woke up in bed, told me to press Y to get up. Fine. Then went to door and it wouldnt open. Finally figured out there is an Interaction Mode which lets you click on stuff so got through the door. Went to the elevator and got in. Said Floors 10-5 and nothing else. Spent few minutes going up and down in the lift visiting all the floors. All I want to do is fly. Conceded and looked at a guide and realised its long journey to my ship. Trying to figure out how to get to the Lobby when there are only 10-5 floors. Realised I was moving and another player got in and took me to the lobby. Dont know how he did it. Had a look round for a few minutes then proceeded to the train. Spent a few minutes looking at the weird way NPC's were going up and down the stairs almost sideways. Some were also stuck on the stairs and a couple got stuck on the players that were stuck. Eventually there was 6 NPC's all stuck on the stairs stopping other NPC's by the time I found out which key did the screenshots they had gone but here are some stuck on the stairs. All the below were frozen on the stairs with the black guy with white hair trying to get past the baldy guy.

Waited for the train, turned round and watched people come down the stairs and disappear ! Got on the train, it was empty, probably as they disappeared off the stairs and never got to the train. I got to the spaceport but was too busy trying to click on things in the train none of which did anything. Tried to open the trash but nothing happened. Forgot to get off and went back again, another trip back to the space port. Got off the train and went upstairs. Saw another player who followed me and he headed off to Space Rentals. Went to Hangers, found my ship on the terminal it said in Hanger 4. Got in the elevator turned round, door shut and looked at the panel. Nothing. So now my player is stuck in the elevator and can not go anywhere or even open the doors.

That was my first 25 minutes of Star Citizen and I never even got to the ship to fly. I`m sure there are easy ways to get straight into a ship but this game is not for me. I can see where they are trying to create
an experience and I`m sure people with more time on their hands than me will and do find it enthralling and thats fine but with its dated graphics, unclear pathways and poor design plus the bugs I have encountered you would expect a lot more polished product for the time and money already spent on it. If Squadron 42 ever sees light of day I think that would more suit my taste but kudos to RSI for the free try till 1st June at least you can see whether the game is for you and its clearly not for me.

When I first went into the elevator I went "WTF", then took me about three seconds to figure out you scroll with your scroll wheel on your mouse to move the floor scroll option.

Soldato
A £3300 virtual ship (amongst many others) "sold out" within minutes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gr3sho/congrats_to_the_lucky_citizens/

I mean, I don't care or judge how people decide to spend their money, but this game does continue to surprise me.

It's fine, we're all adults here. We can say what we think, people who paid that for in-game items in a game that is at this point, clearly a scam. Are absolute mugs. I just wish they got special jackets so I can avoid ever trusting them with a 10er in real life because clearly they have zero money sense.

Soldato
A £3300 virtual ship (amongst many others) "sold out" within minutes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gr3sho/congrats_to_the_lucky_citizens/

I mean, I don't care or judge how people decide to spend their money, but this game does continue to surprise me.
As long as they are still paying the bills , roof over there head and providing for there family. its fine

However...i wouldnt even spend that money on a nice holiday somewhere due to covid-19 and not knowing if i will have a job from july onwards..

Caporegime
That person is wealthy and i'm not, its not fair!!!!!!

We have this strange jealousy disease where we can't just appreciate nice things for what they are if they belong to someone else, Oh nice Porsche mate.... i bet that costs a lot to insure, what does it do.....About 15 miles to the gallon? How much does it cost to fill it up?????

@varkanoid someone somewhere is looking at your RTX 2080 thinking... nice card, YOU *******!!!!!!!

Soldato
That person is wealthy and i'm not, its not fair!!!!!!

We have this strange jealousy disease where we can't just appreciate nice things for what they are if they belong to someone else, Oh nice Porsche mate.... i bet that costs a lot to insure, what does it do.....About 15 miles to the gallon? How much does it cost to fill it up?????

@varkanoid someone somewhere is looking at your RTX 2080 thinking... nice card, YOU *******!!!!!!!
Basically, as long as u are paying your bills and providing for your family. does it matter what you spend your spare 3k on?

im looking to spend a few 100 bucks on multiple ships soon. call me mad but i rather spend that on ships then some FUT pack on fifa

Back
Top Bottom