Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
Just started a flame burst/kitavas thirst build to try something different in 3.10 as burny boomy proliferation sounds fun. Just hope leveling is smooth.

Anybody have feedback on the new league mechanic, I've not had much experience with it yet...

Im finding the new fog effects to be extremely taxing on system performance. The delirium itself is just another breach type mechanic but the visuals make it a nightmare to spot visual effects. Seems to be a horrible league for the HC players in terms of getting random one shots. Im on SSF Standard and enjoying it but at a less stressful pace :)

Associate
Just started a flame burst/kitavas thirst build to try something different in 3.10 as burny boomy proliferation sounds fun. Just hope leveling is smooth.

Anybody have feedback on the new league mechanic, I've not had much experience with it yet...

its rippy very much so, on death effects after

Associate
Gave up with the flame surge kitava trickster build, was really fun but just didn't have the damage output in maps.
Respecced into archmage storm brand and doing much better now.
Luckily my first ex this league dropped today so going to have a look round for some better gear and prep for higher tier content.

Quite enjoying the mad race when I trigger the delirium!

Associate
Having a go at low life for the first time ever on the storm brand trickster (ivory tower + prism guardian) - it's a massive DPS boost with wrath and pain attunement and also seems to be more resilient than the hybrid version.

Associate
LL Stormbrand was resilient upto a point - delirium proved a little to rippy for the build in higher tier maps though.

Rolled a lacerate gladiator which seems to be much tankier and better at dealing with red maps.

Associate
Looking forward as we now have the 3.11 announcement due on 2nd June and a tentative launch on June 19.

Delirium been's a great league for me, currency for the first time hasn't really been an issue and has allowed lots of fun experimentation with builds usually inaccessible to me.

Ignite trickster... which didn't scale well in maps
Repurposed to Storm Brand Archmage Trickster... awesome dps but was a little squishy
Lacerate Gladiator... great dps and really tanky with The Surrnder shield (my first Sirus kill)
HoP Spider Guardian... great dps and immense tank (could tank but didn't have enough dps for Kosis on spicy 100% delirium maps) - good for running 20 waves of Simulacrum though
Respecced the Trickster and built my first Copri's CoC Ice Nova Assassin... crazy dps (my highest ever I expect) but is a bit of a glass cannon

Can't wait for new league mechanics to play with!

Soldato
I hated this league mechanic with a passion. There were so many issues with it that I just couldn't look past. But this league was still probably the longest I've played a season, likely due to the lock-down but also how much currency was dropping and how easy it was to sustain t16 maps. Felt a bit burnt also from seeing the Chinese client that the streamers were playing though and looking at some of the quality-of-life features of their client that we don't have, but we've been asking for for ages.

Hoping the new league mechanic is better, and hoping for some new features added to the game to improve it.

Soldato
I had quite a successful league too, ex's came quite easy this time. All this extra time off helped I think :)

Bleed Lacerate Glad - kicked Sirius's ass
Good old ED & Contaigen Trickster - league started which ended up costing me over 10ex lol
Storm brand Hierophant - super fast mapper
VD Necro - hit maps but wasnt feeling it
and a partially lvl'd Molten Strike Jugg (only lvl59)

Fully delirium and beyond T16s were fun lol

Associate
I never made it past T7 this league, probably only played around the first two weeks or so full on but the mad rush for everybody to get the Herald stacking jewels killed it for me. I started with an Arc Totem build but the damage was very low against the map bosses so it became frustrating very quickly, plus the early league fog enemies were too tough to be taken out fast enough and led to many deaths. I then started a Storm brand build using Herald of Thunder as an extra, I had it with an Inpulsa chest and the gloves that shock enemies on death. That felt much better for clearing, I'd also dropped a couple of decent cluster jewels for the herald stuff quite early on and had been using them for a while, I found my Herald of thunder doing more damage than my Storm Brand at times.

A couple of the combinations I had looked very interesting & powerful so I decided to start levelling an autobomber on the side as a quick farming character, using as many of them as possible, only I restarted a few times after the build didn't really work well. I finally settled on a good skill tree with gear setups from other popular builds and stuck to it. As soon as it started working it was really satisfying and surprisingly powerful, upgrade paths were reasonably affordable as people were still focusing on the mana cost builds at the time. It seemed like it was going to be pretty smooth until the herald stacking stuff came about, It happened at a point where I'd taken a few days off and started to notice reaction videos to it. I checked the items I wanted on trade and they'd gone up in value exponentially, I'd built up about 100c and had an exalt drop which was enough for the items I wanted at the time, now I was looking several exalts for each piece. Then a few days later they were hitting 12, 15, 20ex.

Without better gear I hit my wall at T7 and really started to struggle for cash, in the end I just felt burnt out and haven't touched it properly for a while now. It's done me good in a way as I've managed to play through a few games I normally wouldn't have had time for, including a current playthrough of Borderlands 3 that I now wish I'd played earlier. I'll probably jump back in again next league but I'll need to pick a better starter and be a bit more organised, not having a plan/goals this time around really ruined it for me.

Associate
Just a quick heads up, GGG has patched in a BETA Vulkan renderer and it's pretty amazing! well worth checking out if you were having performance issues.

I've wound in my playtime a lot over the past month or so too. Had a decent league for character progression and currency gain. Killed everything!

Looking forward to the new league info.

Matt

Permabanned
Tried 3 builds and they all hit brick walls when hitting maps. Just couldnt afford the upgrades, everything was extremely expensive. So gave up on this league weeks ago.

Will wait and see how the next league is. :)

Associate
got back into this over the past weeks and managed to hit the 12 challenges, no chance at the rest lol

this was my best league for currency too.. i managed to get a Hall of mirrors card which sold for 36ex so i got some decent weapons
i tend to get bored after doing a few maps though so think ive only reached T12 so far

if the next league looks good i might actually join at the beginning lol and some changes that make a bow build compare to cyclone would be nice

D3K

D3K

Soldato
For anyone who has been graphically crippled by the delirium mechanic - GGG have beta released Vulkan. Much improvement.

Lacerate Gladiator... great dps and really tanky with The Surrnder shield (my first Sirus kill)
Bleed Lacerate Glad - kicked Sirius's ass
Interested you guys builds. I used Esoro's build in general, but I found that I needed to pony up a lot of cash to improve it. I was going from a few C per item, to 30+ex per item. Really killed this league for me (which was my first league) so I tried other builds. Got fed up with the horrendous web market to find items, and people not responding. Way to kill enthusiasm GGG, especially when China have an automated version.

I'm looking forward to the next league, mainly because it's a fresh start and will not have rippy Delirium bs as the main feature.

Associate
I started with an Essence Drain build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2581551/page/1 which very good at clearing but not so good boss dps, then switched too an arch mage storm brand build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2828194 which was both decent in clearing and amazing boss DPS. I could 1 phase most bosses, conquerers and Sirus 8 was a piece of cake unless you got 1 shot at the door by the death beam :p

Both build where cheap to start and then could further invest in them to get more power and defenses. I sunk a ton of currency into the storm brand in the end as I was really enjoying the build.

Back
Top Bottom