Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Soldato
I have had the screen all boxed up ready to send back but I thought I would give this a try first. My card (1080) was flagged for an upgrade so I have done that and I will get it set back up again.

Out of interest those running nvidia cards who haven't had issues, have you got gsync enabled?

Yes

Associate
Yup me to, enabled freesync on the panel and it turned on automatically in nvidia control panel.

Side note: this screen almost feels like I'm cheating on fps games, it's such a massive advantage lol

Caporegime
OP
Yeah 144HZ and freesync is nice!

Although I still standby what I been saying for years now, they aren't as good as what people make them out to be imo :p

For me the best part of freesync is not having to mess with vsync, fps locks etc.

I have had to raise my scale to 125% as found my eyes straining with how small everything is at 100%! Much better!

Screen really is great value for £400, no real complaints from me other than the niggling issues already mentioned. Makes you question what exactly do the £800+ UW offer over this..... Only real reason to go for another UW with these specs is if you need a curve and on that note, I do find 34" too wide tbh, even if there was a curve but sadly the 29" form factor was dead in terms of getting good specs :(

I'll still be playing the majority of games on the oled @ 60HZ@1440 though as the IQ is just far too good but for FPS and some third person shooter games, this is fantastic.

EDIT:

Just need someone with proper calibration hardware now to give some good settings :p

Last edited:
Associate
It's like that with every other luxury good. There is a big diminishing return on value for money when you go for the top of the product stack. E.g. the 2080Ti costing 50% more than the 2080S for only 16% extra performance.

Associate
I’m on a 1080ti. But I’ve had no issues either before or after the firmware update. But the ti was the flagship at the time so may be more capable ? I have no idea really. I had to reinstall the nvidia driver to get the gsync option to appear in the control panel. Works fine now

Associate
I've got it back up and running now, just need to give it a bit of time and see how it handles. It really is a nice screen, crazy artifacting and cutting out aside!

Soldato
I took delivery of this monitor yesterday and i'm waiting for a return label to be shipped back for repair/replacement due to a spot of semi-destroyed group of 6 pixels and a few semi-dark spots about 1-2 pixels in size. That said, the monitor is very awesome outside of these faults and the picture looks beautiful. No yellow IPS glow and only slight white glow / bleed. Motion handling is pretty good as well with an overdrive of +1 and the display is crystal clear. Overall if you can get one with zero pixel defects you are in for a treat. The HDR seems to bug out windows causing washed-out colours on desktop, but I don't care about it and is using it in SDR running 10 bit.

The setup of this monitor when looking in CRU is a bit odd and messing with even the slightest thing seems to make the monitor go bonkers and only have 1024x768 and lower resolution available (wanted to add 2560x1080). Overall though, assume no defects, this is an awesome purchase and if I manage to get one without faults I'm done for the next long while looking for a new display (until HDR because more mainstream or the monitor dies) which is a lot of relief as I've been through 14+ monitors the last 2-3 years.

Associate
I took delivery of this monitor yesterday and i'm waiting for a return label to be shipped back for repair/replacement due to a spot of semi-destroyed group of 6 pixels and a few semi-dark spots about 1-2 pixels in size. That said, the monitor is very awesome outside of these faults and the picture looks beautiful. No yellow IPS glow and only slight white glow / bleed. Motion handling is pretty good as well with an overdrive of +1 and the display is crystal clear. Overall if you can get one with zero pixel defects you are in for a treat. The HDR seems to bug out windows causing washed-out colours on desktop, but I don't care about it and is using it in SDR running 10 bit.

The setup of this monitor when looking in CRU is a bit odd and messing with even the slightest thing seems to make the monitor go bonkers and only have 1024x768 and lower resolution available (wanted to add 2560x1080). Overall though, assume no defects, this is an awesome purchase and if I manage to get one without faults I'm done for the next long while looking for a new display (until HDR because more mainstream or the monitor dies) which is a lot of relief as I've been through 14+ monitors the last 2-3 years.
This will be good until we get 4k ultra wides, or oled ultra wides. I doubt we will have gpus that I'll be able to run most games at 280fps to warranty 280hz upgrade.

Associate

That's weird, I managed to set 2560x1080@144hz as pretty much the first thing I did.

Associate

I managed to get 2560x1080 set up no bother.

https://i.imgur.com/Jwmjo6w.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you guys not find 2560x1080 a bit blurry coming from 3440x1440?
Yeah I don't actually use it, I just set it up in case I needed to use it for games that my GPU can't run very well at 3400x1440. It's obviously worse but it's always nice to have the option.

2560x1080 isn't the first pick but as Double07 said, in case the gpu can't push proper frames at uw1440p.

Associate
Anyone who had any issues with their monitor how long did it take over clickers customer service to get back to you? I know it was the bank holiday weekend but I've not had anything in 48 hours and I've left a comment in the customer service section this morning but no reply.

Just want to get the ball rolling or acknowledged at least.

Back
Top Bottom