**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Associate
Are you going to be upgrading your watch to the new one when its released later this year. i don`t think i will be the active2 is perfect for me.

I've got the frontier (think that's what it's called) and the Active 2 LTE, it was a great idea being able to use the watch as a phone but tbh I only used it once. Because I changed my EE tariff upwards EE allowed me to cancel the watch tariff on the spot.
Like you I think ill be sticking with what I've got.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a decent screen protector ? The one that came with it got a corner caught on something and has started to lift so gonna have to get rid , Don't really fancy all the messing around with whitestone (i'm not very good at putting screen protectors on!!)

Associate
If you want glass the Whitestone dome is decent, not cheap but worth it.
I've found it fits much better on my S20 Ultra than it did on the S10+ due to the 2.5D curved edges.

Associate
Got the latest update last night.

Autofocus is now excellent. If it was like this from the start no one would have ever mentioned it.

The new close up focus mode is great too.

Fantastic update!

Associate
Got the latest update last night.

Autofocus is now excellent. If it was like this from the start no one would have ever mentioned it.

The new close up focus mode is great too.

Fantastic update!

i did not notice most of the things that people complain about the ultra. having said that the focus is now tons better with the new update its very smooth and snappy.

Soldato
anyone moved from S10 to S20? is it worth it? i guess the 120Hz is, but what's the hit on battery? I saw several reviews, the camera isn't much better, in fact it appears to be slightly worse in some situations.

Soldato
Pretty much decided to go with an S20 Ultra next month to replace my P20 Pro.

Trying to weigh up getting it on the upgrade plan and taking up one of the good cashback Sim Only 5G plans on Vodafone or see what EE can offer me.

Out of curiosity has anyone managed to get a deal out of EE on one of these?

Associate
Pretty much decided to go with an S20 Ultra next month to replace my P20 Pro.

Trying to weigh up getting it on the upgrade plan and taking up one of the good cashback Sim Only 5G plans on Vodafone or see what EE can offer me.

Out of curiosity has anyone managed to get a deal out of EE on one of these?

If you can find someone that gets friends and family discount it will reduce the contract by 30%. Obviously will bring it down nicely.

If not maybe somewhere like fonehouse or mobiles might give a reasonable offer. If you are set on the ultra, maybe wait just over a month for the note to be announced and prices might drop slightly?

Associate
Thanks, Reckon it'd be the same on a S20+ ?

Yes, I had problems on my S10+ but that was down to the curved edge, my Whitestone delaminated by the camera. I've had the Whitestone on my S20 Ultras since early March and all seems good, guess it's down to the edge improvement.

Soldato
If you can find someone that gets friends and family discount it will reduce the contract by 30%. Obviously will bring it down nicely.

If not maybe somewhere like fonehouse or mobiles might give a reasonable offer. If you are set on the ultra, maybe wait just over a month for the note to be announced and prices might drop slightly?

Don't know anyone with EE friends and family discount unfortunately.

Good idea, my contract is up on the 4th July so i'll wait a bit.

Associate
Don't know anyone with EE friends and family discount unfortunately.

Good idea, my contract is up on the 4th July so i'll wait a bit.
I managed to get 120GB 5G Smart Plan, upfront £50 for the phone and £63pm on an Anytime Upgrade before returning it - speak to their retentions they are struggling to sell these in volume thus there are decent details to be had.

Back
Top Bottom