• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would the athlon 3000g need to be overclocked for fortnite?

Associate
No it would not but you have to tweak engine settings to find your acceptable set of compromises when it comes to frame rate vs quality

There is a youtuber lowspecgamer that will give you pointers for tweak that game for iGPUs.

Soldato
OP
No it would not but you have to tweak engine settings to find your acceptable set of compromises when it comes to frame rate vs quality

There is a youtuber lowspecgamer that will give you pointers for tweak that game for iGPUs.

Thanks for the reply.

I didnt mention, but I do have a dedicated gpu to use in the shape of a 760, but im using and A320 board, so no real overclocking options, the 1200 isn't at a good price point I think, but won't be using more than a 900p screen, so shouldnt be too taxing.

Associate
CPU side is absolutely fine in that case, its is more that you had to tweak if you wanted to use iGPU but wouldn't 3100/3300x be a better choice or is there no bios support? I guess price wise it is out too.

Soldato
OP
CPU side is absolutely fine in that case, its is more that you had to tweak if you wanted to use iGPU but wouldn't 3100/3300x be a better choice or is there no bios support? I guess price wise it is out too.

Ok sounds good cheers and its all about price, all I need is a cpu upgrade over a basic dual core which is only being used for bios updating. Playing fortnite wouldnt be all the time, so rather not spend more than I need to.

Back
Top Bottom