Do you have any 'bad' habits?

Consigliere
I say 'bad' in this way as you may not see them as such but perhaps been told by others that this isn't ok. ;)

Being the OP, I am going to go in bold to set the tone...i pick the skin off from underneath my big toes every so often..has replaced fingernails so far less obvious for others to see. :o

Associate
I gargle water and spit it out in our kitchen sink. Though I run the tap afterwards my family tell me it’s not acceptable behaviour.

I also walk around in my boxers. I’m 33 and live with my wife and my parents. Apparently that’s not acceptable either.

Man of Honour
I worry. It’s a terribly destructive ‘inception-esque’ habit that causes needless discomfort and second guessing.

The fruitlessness of worrying is akin to being scared of ghosts. You experience the full perpetual dread of ghosts being real as if they were actually real, even if they are not.

Last edited:
Soldato
I pick my eyebrows (like pull them until all the loose ones come out).

I am also obsessed with removing those annoying hairs that grow around the opening of your ears as you get older and usually have a pair of tweezers at hand for removal when I feel them coming. I am not sure it is a "bad" habit, but it is a habit.

I also have a habit of not asking people how they are when they say "Hi how are you" to me and I reply with how I am then just carry on the conversation. Usually because it is someone I have no interest in knowing how they are, but it is kinda rude.

Soldato
I worry. It’s a terribly destructive ‘inception-esque’ habit that causes needless discomfort and second guessing.

The fruitlessness of worrying is akin to being scared of ghosts. You experience the full perpetual dread of ghosts being real as if there were actually real, even if they are not.

Don’t worry about it ;)

I’d have to say mine is nail biting - length of my nails correlates with stress levels. My girlfriend has picked this up over the almost 5 years we’ve been together, and does her best to stop me, but it’s one of those things you have to take notice of yourself.

Caporegime
JUST LOL IF YOU'RE NOT SHIPPING A 6 PACK IN THE EMOTIONAL REGISTER FOR ALPHAS BECAUSE, FOR ONE, BAD MEANS GOOD, MICHAEL JACKSON SAID THAT SO STICK THAT UP YOUR ARSE PIPES STEVE, YOU UTTER CLOWN, YOU IMBECILE, AND THREE, HABITS ARE JUST LIKE WATERSHIP DOWN BUT WITH AN H INSTEAD OF AN R.

SO, IN SUMMARY.

Soldato
Not sure if it counts but I'm very bad with the times I eat.

When working in the office I start at 9 but often don't have lunch until about 3:30 as i like to avoid the busy break room.

Caporegime

The fruitlessness of worrying is akin to being scared of ghosts. You experience the full perpetual dread of ghosts being real as if there were actually real, even if they are not.
I find that trying to rationalise worry works well for me. I worry my kids will get hit by a car as they cycle to school, for instance, but I know that it's unlikely and they take care and are aware of what's going on, and then even if they did get into a bump, it's probably going to be a scrape rather than something much more serious. Putting worry into a box is a healthy thing to do but it's worth keeping an eye on the box because it can contain some surprises you didn't expect.

Worrying about things is also an energy drainer. It's mentally tiring worrying about things that don't really need to be worried about: the risk is so remote or the outcome is so immaterial for it to not be worth your time. Have perspective.

Back
Top Bottom