GamersNexus Arctic Freezer II 280 review

Soldato
See 6:36 to about 6:58 of the GN video
The 280 Arctic Coolers noise normalised performance at 35Dba is better than 360 coolers from competitors. The reason given is difference in fan performance and radiator design. The teardown video also highlights that the Arctic coolers use a larger impellor potentially improving performance. The 360 Arctic will have all the same improvements (fan, radiator, impellor) so you really can't assume it will have the same performance as the competitors 360 units in the review.

Associate
I'm waiting for the price of the 240 to come back down. Had it in my basket to pre-order and forgot and it had jumped up when i checked again.

Soldato
Arctic only offers 2 year warranty. Is that a concern for anyone? I mean Corsair etc has 5yrs. Mine has been going for over 6 years through 2 builds with no problems so far.

Has there been reports of leaks or failure within 2yrs or just over 2yr mark etc?

the price differential of arctic to a Corsair 100X say isn’t much at all.

Soldato
Has there been reports of leaks or failure within 2yrs or just over 2yr mark etc?
I believe they were only released late last year, so unfortunately we don't have any idea of realistic lifespan in the wild. Personally I don't see that Arctic would release a product that was significantly worse in this regard. The Asetek coolers like corsairs have been round long enough in sufficient numbers to be confident in offering a long term warranty. I guess Arctic are being overly cautious.

So just fitted my 280, impressed isnt the word, i had a very good tower cooler before but this is stunning. Very very quiet and really holds the temps down effortlessly, this is on a 2700X. Its 33c today and my ambient temps are silly with no air con on and its still battering Realbench and games.....seriously very good cooler.

Soldato
@MartinPrince https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQRwn-lecnk tear down. The impeller diff and materials vs asetek is impressive. Pretty much a great unit all around.
I ended up getting both the Freezer II 360 and 280 to see which one was better. In my testing the 280 was the better one. The sound at max rpm was about the same but the 280 consistently cooled better by a few degrees. It will be interesting to see the results if a 'proper' reviewer does a more exhaustive test of both.

Back
Top Bottom