The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Associate
I sometimes miss the fun that was had from co-ordinating a wing during wars... don't think I'd manage to keep my interest if I tried to play these days, I don't have the passion for the game anymore.
Often wonder where some of my old alliance buddies are these days.

Soldato
I do miss the fun of owning some null sec and having to defend it. Going on roams. The thrill of being chased down by a far too large fleet and having to keep warping to a ceptor whilst the locals were trying to scan you down. The amount of ss bm’s I must still have in game.

Partook in some big fleet battles with my main in either a BS or some sort of support with my alt in her carrier.

I really enjoyed it but that was a long time ago now. I subbed for a few months a few years ago but I just don’t seem to want to play mmo’s any more. Shame as I had some great times in various ones with EVE being the one I played the longest.

Soldato
Yeah, the later stuff was more fun but in terms of gameplay experience not much matches the expeditionary feel of the early days of TXSI's first few months in wormhole space.
Yeh the exploration side was awesome, having not everyone know all the mechanics off of the top of their heads was awesome.

Those are the kind of changes to Eve that bore the absolute **** out of me and why I'm not at all tempted to come back.
Lol, so you say you're surprised it's not been nerfed, then when I mention it has been as part of a ship balancing pass you don't like it either. :p

Man of Honour
Lol, so you say you're surprised it's not been nerfed, then when I mention it has been as part of a ship balancing pass you don't like it either.

I was surprised it hadn't been nerfed into the ground - not implying that it needed nerfing. I found the ever changing and ever more frequent rounds of ship balancing and fitting tiresome and boring especially when the justification for a change ultimately boils down to a crutch for lack of developer imagination/effort. After all the talk about T3 cruisers being OP and too many bonuses, etc. they basically only changed them so as to make a gap to put the Trig ships in (which embody many of the issues that were aimed at why T3s "needed" changing).

Soldato
The single thing that killed it for me was when they added a delay to the directional scanning - I used to do a lot of solo roaming and was an actual wizard at pinpointing miners and ratters in belts. Then out of nowhere in about 2010 they added that blasted scanning delay/cool down and that was the end of my favourite part of pvp :(

Commissario
I fired up my account to see what's going on. Remember that I've done nothing in 0.0 for years. I kitted out a covert ops ship for fast warp and started off with a pilgrimage to New Eden which I've not done for a long time, that was as boring as it used to be and so I decided to head down to Feythabolis to see if anything was happening where I used to live.

Going through HED-GP was painless, that used to be a real bottleneck system that was camped pretty much 23.5/7 but I sailed through there with nobody in sight.

About seven or eight systems down the pipe, I got caught in an interdictor bubble but I cloaked and got out of that easily. That particular system had 102 people in it so I warped to a moon and then approached the far gate from a different direction in case there was a bubble there but it was clear. A few systems further, someone had a small bubble up but it was badly located that it didn't catch me. There was nobody else in the system anyway so if it had, it would only have been an inconvenience.

I made it all the way down to Feyth, only seeing a couple of people in any systems. I went all around the old area, the places we had big battles, the sites of our old Outpost and up into the deep, remote systems with all the high end ores. Pretty much totally deserted. I see all the Outposts have gone and been replaced by whatever CCP call them now.

Then my client crashed so I just left it until this morning where I flew all the way up without any problems. I jumped into one system and there were a load of people in battleships camping the gate but that was easy, I just bounced off a planet to make sure I approached the exit gate from a different direction which avoided the bubble that was there.

I don't want to get tied up in Eve again, I spent far too long playing it before so although I've bunged three months subscription on, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm reasonably well trained but all my game knowledge is eight or nine years old! Yesterday was the first time I've set foot in 0.0 for years.

So I have no idea what to do for a bit except perhaps grind some missions. It wouldn't be fair to join a corp/alliance, knowing I don't want to get heavily involved again. I'm not rich either so I can't just waste cash on kit to go shooty shooty.

Last edited:
Soldato
After talking about Eve in another thread in thinking about doing some sightseeing to see what's changed. I've not played in many years, no idea what state I left things in last time. Any suggestions as to the best way to get back? Is there an OCUK Corp?

Soldato
Yes but it's pretty much dead.

I'm surprised, seems like a lot here play or have played. I've just checked my accounts, main at 72 million SP but -6.7 sec so that would need fixing. I might consider playing casually again if I can find some like minded people.

Last edited:
Soldato
The OcUK corp was already pretty much dead when I started playing 10 years ago. I joined TXSI with Rroff and a couple of others that were in alliance with OcUK (I think? Going from memory), but over time everyone has gone in their own directions I guess. I'd suspect that whilst lots of OcUKers still play, they're all in different corporations now! :D

-6.7 sec status doesn't need fixing. It acts as perfect persuasion to not just go sit in High Sec doing boring crap like running missions!

Soldato
The OcUK corp was already pretty much dead when I started playing 10 years ago. I joined TXSI with Rroff and a couple of others that were in alliance with OcUK (I think? Going from memory), but over time everyone has gone in their own directions I guess. I'd suspect that whilst lots of OcUKers still play, they're all in different corporations now! :D

-6.7 sec status doesn't need fixing. It acts as perfect persuasion to not just go sit in High Sec doing boring crap like running missions!

Lol good point. Think that was a result of living and fighting in low sec space. Last time I was on was 2014 and then 2009 before that. I dabbled a bit in the Alliance stuff but much preferred the small group stuff. All that capital ship stuff just seemed like even more grind!

Associate

My Eve career started at the OcUK corp and I'm sure that was around 2004!. I can't believe the game has been going for that long. I remember seeing Feek undock in his Megathron and it was the first time I'd seen a Battleship in game.

Soldato
My Eve career started at the OcUK corp and I'm sure that was around 2004!. I can't believe the game has been going for that long. I remember seeing Feek undock in his Megathron and it was the first time I'd seen a Battleship in game.

Funnily enough I think the first battleship I saw was a Megathron. I think we were somewhere in and around Metropolis, would make sense as my main is Minmatar.

Man of Honour
There was a whole bunch of people from here (some only occasional posters) inside the OCUK alliance when me and Floyd started - but once we split off and joined Ministry the OCUK side went pretty dead.

EDIT: There are a fair few playing or used to play from here who I don't think ever posted in this thread as well - I ran into a small corp that used to camp nullsec transition gates who recognised me as Rroff that had around 5-6 players from here (or maybe they are alts of posters in this thread :D).

Really miss the game but what drew me to the game is that you could spend so much time building something up and really more invested in it when it came to losing it - with frequent sweeping changes you lose that and I'd rather just play a game where you instantly respawn without losing your stuff if I wanted short term thrill.

Last edited:
Associate
Still play here although just on & off, currently in Karmafleet down in Delve as I joined it after not playing for a number of years. Was in the OcUK Corp back in 2007 or thereabouts and it was a pretty small setup then, maybe only a dozen or so of us active in it. Can't really remember too much of an alliance though so that may have been before or after I was in OcUK.

Man of Honour
Still play here although just on & off, currently in Karmafleet down in Delve as I joined it after not playing for a number of years. Was in the OcUK Corp back in 2007 or thereabouts and it was a pretty small setup then, maybe only a dozen or so of us active in it. Can't really remember too much of an alliance though so that may have been before or after I was in OcUK.

Was around 2009 ish I think - at its peak we had a pretty decent presence in a C5 wormhole before the active players shifted over to another alliance:

1K0js3F.png

Commissario
I remember seeing Feek undock in his Megathron and it was the first time I'd seen a Battleship in game.
First battleship in the corp - I got it shortly after the tracking changes and a bunch of us went out around the belts looking for rats to kill. By the time I'd locked them, if they weren't already dead by the others, I couldn't even hit them!

Associate
I still love that old Neocom, I've no idea what CCP were thinking when they changed it to what we have now. Just thinking it would have been 2006 I joined OcUK as it was the first Corp I joined. I remember folks posting screenshots from Eve in the Screenshot thread that was on here at the time and I thought it Looked amazing.. The alliance would have made things more interesting as I wanted to try my hand at PvP but OcUK then were strictly PvE.

Man of Honour
I wanted to try my hand at PvP but OcUK then were strictly PvE

I think we ruffled a few feathers in that regard as the people who joined around the time I did were as much PVP interested as PVE.

Though there were some deficiencies with the old UI overall I prefer it.

Back
Top Bottom