• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake thread

Soldato
Funny, they have had months to figure out what performance they had to beat and they still failed.

I know the 3100 and 3300X are new but the performance expectations using the chips above them should still easily be estimated.

Last edited:
Associate
I thought Rocket Lake-S was supposed to fight the Ryzen 4000 launch in late 2020 but I guess that's not going to happen now unless AMD themselves suffers a delay.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought Rocket Lake-S was supposed to fight the Ryzen 4000 launch in late 2020 but I guess that's not going to happen now unless AMD themselves suffers a delay.

AMD have yet to beat Intel in gaming performance. When you consider this properly, it shows just how far Intel are ahead in gaming...

Intel have a 5 year old process node (14nm). Intel have a 4.5 year old architecture (Skylake). It still beats Ryzen for gaming. Ryzen should have been top dog in gaming by now, in my opinion it's very disappointing that they aren't.

In some games the difference is 1%, in others it's 5%, not big numbers, but these do matter. Why do they matter? Consider what will happen when Intel actually release a 10nm or 7nm desktop CPU, with IPC likely around 20% (perhaps closer to 50%, when we look at alderlake) above Skylake?

AMD will yet again be completely crushed, and Intel will have free reign like they had in the Bulldozer days.

Soldato
Majority of people use rigs for everything, not just gaming. Having a stupidly high TDP is also ridiculous to achieve such performance. Intel is a one trick pony, their fans have something to cling on to I suppose, but probably should stick to wccftech forums.

Soldato
Majority of people use rigs for everything, not just gaming.

Nope. Vast majority out there using X86 systems are employees working from home, furloughed etc. Loads use Macs. Of those using X86, most will be using Dell laptops, connecting via VPN to the work enviroment where they'll have instanced resources (hosted on VM's). Dell don't even sell AMD laptops last I checked.

Of those buying home PC's, vast majority are doing so to game. Intel wins at gaming, even on 5 year old process and architecture. That's the fact.

Of course of those buying home PC's, less than 1% will have a use case or business where render times can actually utilise 12, 16 core monsters. Of course AMD crush Intel in this regard. Just don't try and make it out like average Joe can utilize more than 3-6 cores, it doesn't cut.

Soldato
In some games the difference is 1%, in others it's 5%

But it costs the consumer about £200 extra for that 1% to 5% gain when buying Intel once you consider the expensive motherboard and cooling solution. That's not a win for Intel, it's terrible.

Intel have been working on the core architecture for 10 generations. AMD nearly overtook them after just 3 generations.

A 3rd gen chip nearly beats a 10th gen chip in gaming.

Associate
This is a great conversation, the CPU wars continue lol, but if Intel aren't going to release their new CPU's until 2021 like nijacool said then AMD may postpone their release as well, this may be why they have decided to release the XT refresh as perhaps they feel that is enough to compete for now.

As for me though I'm extremely excited to have my MSI X570 tomahawk ordered and now on the way in the post

Associate
May also stretch to a 3600X, it may be a while until Intel and AMD go to war with their new advancements now they are working away in secret lol but I'm sure they will both have very good products next time around. You never know what Intel could pull out the bag but at this rate I'm putting my money on AMD.

Associate
They shall be online at 2pm guys for you to pre order. :)

We have around 600 10900k retail in stock, around 500 10700k retail I’m stock and 100 10600k in stock.

We cannot ship any though until 20th of this month due to Intel guidelines.

Tray product arrives end of month.

Hi, do you know when the OEM 10900k version will be back in stock?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom