Phantasy Star Online 2

Associate
Is this ever going to get a UK release?

I was a huge fan of PSO on dreamcast, I don't think I ever enjoyed any online RPG half as much as this game so I would love to give PSO2 a go.

Has anyone played this? how is it?

Cheers

Soldato
I wouldn't hold my breath :( work is being done on an English patch though, which supposedly makes the game very playable. There are also guides out there to help people play it in English if the patch isn't up-to-date enough.

I've yet to play it myself as I tried downloading the beta client at the time but I was maxing out at about 1bps download speed, so I haven't tried again :\

Associate
I only ever had the Phantasy Star Universe 'trial' for the 360 and it was a lot of fun. Granted, I was a lot younger at the time, but I'd love to play the new one. Hopefully!

Associate
OP
I cant believe that after all this time we still do not have PSO2 complete in English..... PSO did really well on the dreamcast and tones of people are still playing blue-burst, it really winds me up :(

Associate
I played on the Japanese servers for a while, really hard to set up but there are english patches, its enough to understand the basics of the game and story but i would love to have it released officially for us.
Been waiting years.

Associate
Lost all hope of ever playing this one :(

Just waiting for Archeage now. Tried Wildstar but I can't even pass the time with it, complete dross unfortunately.

Soldato
North American release, didn’t think it was coming here? If we can still get it then great, but latency will be bad on US servers.

Yeah we'll be able to play it, allbeit on NA.

Expect around 200 ping. There's a ton of posts on the PSO2 subreddit for EU players, which server (ship) the majority intend to play on etc. Main take from all this is that we finally have an English translation we can play on PC.

Download link (you can preload it)

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the link but it's showing as currently not available when I press 'get' and it opens windows store. I think my account is being picked up as UK so not letting me download it.

Never mind, simple region change got it.

Soldato
Thanks for the link but it's showing as currently not available when I press 'get' and it opens windows store. I think my account is being picked up as UK so not letting me download it.

Same happened to me, before I relised i had to buy it on the US store via that link. Then it'll appear in your Windows Store library to download (initial download of 11Gb, but a lot more to download via when launched!).

Associate
Apparently uninstalling it doesn't give you back the space according to some of the forum posts. Currently downloading it to give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom