Best case for watercooling?

Associate
Hello all,

I am currently planning my next custom loop watercooling build and I had though of using the new Fractal Design Define 7 XL as my case, however I'm beginning to think a different cased with better radiator support might be more beneficial. Are there any other cases you would recommend? I know the Lian Li O11 Dynamic cases are good but I'm not sure what I think about having a chassis with so much glass - I think I might prefer a more 'traditional' looking chassis.

Another chassis I was considering is the be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2 - I know it somewhat lacks good airflow but can this be countered with thicker radiators?

Thanks!

Associate
I have just bought the Coolermaster H500m case with the intention of going custom watercooled as soon as I get a new motherboard and CPU still currently have Z170x Gaming 7 with 6700K thinking of a 10900K or debating on whether to hold out for the next range of CPU's as it is still holding it head up when gaming and decent framerates.
Was planning on building something similar to the video in this you tube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiZjdcgVvPs

Associate
I have a vertical mounted Aorus RTX 2080 Super in there had to use the 7 slot GPU mount as the GPU is two wide to mount in the standard upright bracket due to being triple card width, but would look good if watercooled GPU was mounted on the built in upright slot which would still allow the use of the other PCI slots if required.

Associate
The only thing that wasn't nice about it was trying to get the PSU cover out before installing the PSU to show my EVGA logo, they could have made that a bit easier, other than that it was a breeze, a really nice case to work with, not sure if glass panel is needed on both sides but looks absolutely fine as there is enough panels to hide the wires behind.

Soldato
Cases are subjective
I like my enthoo 719 can fit plenty radiators in there
And it definitely dumps more air out than my previous cases
That solid top is deceiving the inch wide gap around the top really does expel a lot
Of air

Associate
The enthoo 719 was also on my short list, it was a choice of that the define 7 xl and the H500m, went with the coolermaster as I have always used coolermaster cases and never really had an issues, was also tempted by the lian li 011 xl. All really good options and you can get some nice watercooling setups in all of them, it is more down to taste which one looks the most appealing to you. EK also do a configurator shown in the link below and you can put the case and hardware details in and it will tell you which parts it recommends and then order from overclockers which normally works out cheaper than direct

https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/

Soldato
Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL. It's the case I use and it's simply amazing. Tonnes of room, and easy to work on.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian...ied-aluminium-midi-tower-black-ca-77k-ll.html

I've got 2x EKWB PE 360 rads in there, a 360 FTL res/pump combo, CPU and GPU under water, couldn't be happier.
Yeah I've just ordered the Midi and the one thing I didn't think was I've not decided I wanted my GPU veritcally mounted and the MIDI wonr give me the room to have a rad and fans at bottom of the case and a vertical GPU... and in a way should've thought about that and possibly ordered the XL... hey ho, too late now and will deal with it, but I agree, I just think that case you've highlighted just makes it so easy and neat to create water loops... and it's a fantastic case as well... I love the fact that all the nasty stuff can be throw at the back like power supplies etc.

However yeah it's a subjective thing, depends on so many variables really... also what is one mans sexy case is another mans nightmare.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom