Can a faulty monitor crash gpu/drivers

Associate
Ok, so I have a gpu that says it can output 4 monitors.
I have set it up with 3 monitors 2 matching and one odd one I had left over from the upgrade.
For some reason if i use3 monitors for desktop or full stretched gaming my gpu will shut down and the fans will go to idle and it doesnt reset and all monitors say no signal.
Then to fix the issues i have to unplug the odd monitor and delete the drivers for the gpu via device manager then the 2 matching monitors will work perfectly so can a faulty monitor or connection lead cause the gpu to crash?
Also i noticed when using msi afterburner the gpu temp went up to 50°c when just starting a game.
Hope some one has an answer.
The gpu is the RX 570 nitro+ 8GB.
Cheers

Associate
It's highly unlikely that a monitor would be the cause of drivers crashing I would say.

What is the total resolution you are trying to game at across all three displays?
What is the native resolution of the two matching monitors, and the one that you believe is causing the problem?
Also, what wattage PSU are you using with that RX570?

Associate
OP
It's highly unlikely that a monitor would be the cause of drivers crashing I would say.

What is the total resolution you are trying to game at across all three displays?
What is the native resolution of the two matching monitors, and the one that you believe is causing the problem?
Also, what wattage PSU are you using with that RX570?

I'm usIng the corsair s550w psu.
The native display for the 2 matching mo tors is 1600x900 but I cant remember what the other monitor is.
I know it's a 19" widescreen so its slightly square.
The total res I honestly cant remember what it is.
I'm sure the gpu is only capable of running at 1080,p and the res of all monitors when gaming was way over that.
I never tried sailing down the resolution tbh as I took the screen off the pc after it kept causing issues.
I wa t to get another monitor to match my 2 monitors but dont want to buy one if it then wont even work with more than 2.

Back
Top Bottom