Best value budget SIM free mobile?

Soldato
Hi all,
Got a Motorola G5 currently. I like Motorola and like the others (G, G3) I had I've finally broken the screen after it fell off my push bike into the road at speed. Doh.

Uses are for Strava, browsing, maps (use it as GPS), emails, photos (not mega important quality), games (Countdown, sudoku etc, nothing taxing).

The G8 power or G8 power lite seem intriguing.

Looking at a G8 possibly but what would people recommend?

Edit - sub £150 ideally.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all,
Got a Motorola G5 currently. I like Motorola and like the others (G, G3) I had I've finally broken the screen after it fell off my push bike into the road at speed. Doh.

Uses are for Strava, browsing, maps (use it as GPS), emails, photos (not mega important quality), games (Countdown, sudoku etc, nothing taxing).

The G8 power or G8 power lite seem intriguing.

Looking at a G8 possibly but what would people recommend?
My Mrs has the G5 and I ordered her a Realme 6 yesterday so if you wait a day or so I'll let you know what the experience is. After a bit of time researching I concluded it was the best spec/value currently available if you are buying new. The
Chinese origin brands are so competitive that its made changing phones a much more challenging task as there is so much choice. However I do recommend a few hours spent on www.gsmarena.com to help compare and contrast.

Soldato
My wife and son both have the G7 Power, and it's a great phone. Would easily recommend as a simple phone, battery life is amazing!

Associate
I also have the g7 power. i can get up to around 14 hours battery life with moderate use so using it non stop mostly for 14 hours, but i can easily get 3-4 weeks of standby time doing nothing but on standby the whole time.

Associate
Another recommendation for the G7 Power. I have one and it lasts 2 days with moderate use. It's a great cheap and straightforward phone.

Back
Top Bottom