What film did you watch last night?

UTT

UTT

Associate
Take shelter 2011 - 4/10

Normal fella with a young deaf daughter and happy family life. Has a great job supervising a bloke randomly drilling holes in the ground somewhere.

Starts having bad dreams that get worse and always start with thunder and oily rain. Goes to doctor and his schizophrenic mother, not sure if these dreams are a warning of impending doom or losing marbles

Decides to extend his hurricane shelter at significant cost, all without telling wife. Loses job wife's sticks by him and they go for a break to the coast.

Wife sees incoming tsunami wave.

End of film

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Take shelter 2011 - 4/10

Normal fella with a young deaf daughter and happy family life. Has a great job supervising a bloke randomly drilling holes in the ground somewhere.

Starts having bad dreams that get worse and always start with thunder and oily rain. Goes to doctor and his schizophrenic mother, not sure if these dreams are a warning of impending doom or losing marbles

Decides to extend his hurricane shelter at significant cost, all without telling wife. Loses job wife's sticks by him and they go for a break to the coast.

Wife sees incoming tsunami wave.

End of film
You don't have to spoil the film for people who haven't seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Sorry, thought this was for people to write about a film they've watched!

Maybe the title should be amended to " film I watched last night that I won't be telling you anything about lest I possibly spoil it for you"?

That would be interesting wouldn't it?
Think about the logic of what you're saying. Then think about it some more.

Soldato

Maybe the title should be amended to " film I watched last night that I won't be telling you anything about lest I possibly spoil it for you"?

That would be interesting wouldn't it?

Why on earth would it be a thread for someone to explain what happened and the ending of the film you watched last night? Really? You can tell people about the film very easily without giving spoilers away. Everyone else copes fine...

Soldato
Well I RTM'd the post. Laugh if you want but that movie has been on my list to watch for about 8yrs since it came onto streaming services :p Fortunately I read backwards from this page so I knew to avoid his post.

Answer me this; what is the point of recommending a movie to someone when you tell them how it ends :confused: lol

This thread is quite clearly to recommend or warn people about movies. There's literally no point doing that if you're spoiling them for people in the same sentence :rolleyes:
While having a film ruined before you've seen it is annoying, he does appear to be talking about a film that was released nine years ago, so it's not like the information isn't out there already. That said, spoiler tags are there for a reason.
I'd managed to avoid knowing the ending of A Star is Born (all versions!) up until about 3-4 months after the newest version was released on streaming. I think it was probably some idiot on here that spoiled it about a week before I ended up watching it :o

Soldato
There's always new generations of people saying "I've never seen Dune", "I've never seen The Shining", etc. Doesn't matter how old a film is, there's always someone who's managed to miss it or just isn't old enough when it was out and everyone else saw it. It seems a bit unfair to "review" a film simply by summarising the plot (including the ending) and spoiling the story for others.

UTT

UTT

Associate
Okay dokey people, all points taken on board.

I'll keep any posts on films to personal opinion with minimal detail!

Scam - I saw the film listed on an an underappreciated list plus the decent actors and gave it a whirl, 8 years is too long to keep this on the backburner

My opinion on the film - *****

Fully star swearwords!

Back
Top Bottom