LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Sorry, I just had to create an account to post this, but your screen is mounted way way too high. Speaker tweeters should be level with your ears, eyes are almost the same height as your ears so the screen position looks way off. Could cause you neck strain in the long run.

I'm six foot six - I had it mounted at this height exactly because I dislike looking down at screens. Getting a new desk made up that's 85cm high to sit under it so it will look 'less high' at that point. If it causes any issues I will just remount in a week or so after that's delivered. I've got 10cm or so I can bring it down by with a vesa extension kit. I am not at all fussed about what I am 'supposed' to do ;)

Bit screwed with the ultimate stands as the next size up was the 45 inch which put the speakers way too high.

@sad it's working fine so far - if it fails to deliver when the new geforce comes out I will just get powered/active HDMI when the 2.1 ones release or **** about with hybrid fibre (Ruipro4k hybrid fiber) the longer cables seem to primarily have issues with the additional data sets like eARC not with pushing the main data load - of which the cX can't even eat the full 48 gigs anyway. I have had eARC crap up with anything over 3m in my media room btw, but there's f all info going around in terms of cable testing due to COVID - I've kept a close eye on the autists on AVS and no one has a f'ing clue what's going on with certs - the cable industry is well behind the set manufacturers. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/168-...y-reliably-support-48-gbps-hdmi-2-1-a-11.html

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
One of the reasons why I always cringe at people that mount their TV's way up high above a fire place.
:o

I have my OLED like that, but the angle of the tv is pointing down so it is not so bad. The idea is to eventually get rid of the chimney breast and then can mount it at the correct height. The plus side right now is children cannot reach it and no handprints :)

I do agree that Mr Carrot has his way too high though, for my height anyway :p

Soldato
How is text on these TVs? I am very interested in getting this for my new setup. I currently have a 32" lg 1440p monitor and really just want something bigger. I did look at the 43" offerings but they apparently use an odd pixel layout that makes text look bad. I do a lot of coding so i'd like something with nice clear text.

Associate
How is text on these TVs? I am very interested in getting this for my new setup. I currently have a 32" lg 1440p monitor and really just want something bigger. I did look at the 43" offerings but they apparently use an odd pixel layout that makes text look bad. I do a lot of coding so i'd like something with nice clear text.

Did you try out a 43" - I use one and dont find the txt an issue; although I dont do coding. Nor do I play games much thou ...

Associate

Completely fine at native res with scale set at 125% in game mode - but not in PC mode. ... for some reason.

Associate
Game mode and pc mode put it into the VRR accepting and lowest response latency.

There were some videos floating around from CES how pc mode would be an all singing all dancing mode this time around but I think that might be limited to the RTX cards.

Associate
Game mode and pc mode put it into the VRR accepting and lowest response latency.

There were some videos floating around from CES how pc mode would be an all singing all dancing mode this time around but I think that might be limited to the RTX cards.

How come you're not using it at 4k 120hz? these have something called DSC (Display Stream Compression) that compresses the data so even without a HDMI 2.1 card you can still do 4k 120hz. Might be worth picking up some HDMI 2.1 cables if you're not having any luck with it and I think it requires a turing rtx card.

Here is a video discussing it from Vincent.

Here is another video of a cx owner enabling 4k 120hz. He has is it on 4:4:4 RGB 10bit.

Associate
Will probably get one of these when the price drops. One thing I'm unsure of is how to deal with a second monitor, due to the size of this it's going to be quite far off to one side so I'll probably need a way to bring it infront of the oled when its in use.

Associate
from that 2nd video the guy actually use 4k@120hz with 4:2:0 as no graphic card that have enough bandwidth to run 4k@120hz 4:4:4 yet with any of 8-12bit

Associate
Will probably get one of these when the price drops. One thing I'm unsure of is how to deal with a second monitor, due to the size of this it's going to be quite far off to one side so I'll probably need a way to bring it infront of the oled when its in use.

A monitor arm and rearranging your desk may be your best bet ! I have also looked at this :)

Associate
I had one pre-ordered from a UK electrical retailer, but have just had an email saying they won't be getting them back in stock and would I like to order another model WTF!!
Is there something wrong with these OLED's, have they been recalled ?

Caporegime
In-fact back onto the LG website and the 48" LG CX is no longer listed.

it is???? https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-oled48cx6lb

And I can still buy it from that well known high street retailer. Dispatch withing 10 to 21 days.

Did you pre order one of the limited editions, slightly different model numbered ones which were £200 cheaper? I dont think they are ever coming back into stock.

Back
Top Bottom