• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
I think I've found out now why people don't play this on the PC.

Been having a lot of strange gameplay, like random slow downs and general game pause the match disqualification messages. Had 4 yesterday and 3 today. I have tried to find out my last played opponent but can't find this to send a report to EA.

Getting a bit much now. My Internet is 100% not the issue as I'm not getting logged out of EA it just gives me a loss.

Not good :(

Caporegime
I think I've found out now why people don't play this on the PC.

Been having a lot of strange gameplay, like random slow downs and general game pause the match disqualification messages. Had 4 yesterday and 3 today. I have tried to find out my last played opponent but can't find this to send a report to EA.

Getting a bit much now. My Internet is 100% not the issue as I'm not getting logged out of EA it just gives me a loss.

Not good :(

Wrong thread? :p

Soldato
im finding my nitro hot spot temps all over the place atm, from yesterday 85c after hr of gaming and today hotspot thermals have droped to 65c even though temps same in house, well actually slightly warmer, have noticed this over last week, o/c profile has been the same. how strange

Last edited:
Caporegime
Says a lot about how cack the Vega strix is. I snagged a Vega limited edition card and it easily gets up to 1600mhz, it runs about 4c hotter and is louder (more of an air whoosh than anything) but it just shows how half assed the asus card is if a reference board can outdo it, and also shows up that strix cooler. You could say "silicon lottery" but it seems to be a bit of a trend with the asus card that it never seems to clock as well.

Associate
Says a lot about how cack the Vega strix is. I snagged a Vega limited edition card and it easily gets up to 1600mhz, it runs about 4c hotter and is louder (more of an air whoosh than anything) but it just shows how half assed the asus card is if a reference board can outdo it, and also shows up that strix cooler. You could say "silicon lottery" but it seems to be a bit of a trend with the asus card that it never seems to clock as well.

Seems to be a long running theme with Asus Strix AMD cards IMO. My old R9 390X did perform much better after replacing the pads and paste though.

Soldato
im having issues with latest driver, i used to run my nitro 64 at 1660mhz in games all day long, now the driver crashed within say 10mins of gameplay, nothing has changed pc wise, heat no different, but just crashing. any ideas

Soldato
Decided to take my fans out and clean as jammed with muck in there, only issue can't get the little fan back in will not clip back in, totally stumped lol

view.php

IMG_20200716_145949.jpg

a>

p2kvpyz

Last edited:
Soldato
welli broke it, lol, running on 2 fans aint too bad, only had to drop overclock down 30mhz to 1630mhz 72 degree hotspot after couple hrs gaming, but these fans are impossible to get hold of, suggestions? without spending silly money
Gonna be that guy, sorry, but wait. You don't want to spend right now unless the price is insanely low. The new releases will offer much better performance for the same money and even if they don't offer something for your budget, current stuff will drop on the 2nd hand market.

Soldato
I turned all my fans around and it made naff all difference. I guess it is a much hotter day today. Still have no idea why my card can undervolt but still needs the fans on max to keep cool.

My case feels a lot cooler though.

Just in case anyone was curious. I bought a new full size case (not for this reason) but it's completely sorted out my fan and GPU heat issues. It seems like it was an airflow issue in my old case.

Soldato
I must be lucky, I've never had any problems with my Asus Vega 64 Strix. Driver updates are always OK too. @PeegeeTips wonder what is causing your constant crashing? Your rig looks decent. X570 mobo etc. I'm on the older 470 mobo. Is your RAM stable? What PSU do you have? I had black screens and crashing and it wasn't the GPU it was actually my old PSU. Stuck in a 1200W Seasonic and rig has been fine. Perhaps the crashing is another component? :(

Soldato
early revisions of the strix vega64 had pee poor thermal contact due to crappy thermal pads that were too thin. i believe they addressed this on later models though (or at least claimed/attempted to) @PeegeeTips - if you've not already done so, changing the thermal pads on the cooler might help with the crashing issue on your card.

Back
Top Bottom