Stick vacuums

Soldato
Hi all

Thinking about buying a stick vacuum, wondering what people's experiences have been (though I'm not giving my money to James Dyson ).

Soldato
My house has two flights of stairs, wife kept nagging me to get a cordless (although I am the one that does the vacuuming). We ended up with a Dyson V10. Only cordless vacuum I have used but dont feel the need to try anything else. Work's impressively well and came with a lot of attachments (carpet + hard floor head too).

The battery lasts great but I can't do a 'deep clean' of my house in one charge. I can vacuum all the floors no probs which is the main thing, but if you are a bit OCD and like to vacuum skirting, door frames, window ledges etc then you might need a charge in between. For me it is not an issue as I can 'deep clean' one floor a week.

Soldato
OP
My house has two flights of stairs, wife kept nagging me to get a cordless (although I am the one that does the vacuuming). We ended up with a Dyson V10. Only cordless vacuum I have used but dont feel the need to try anything else. Work's impressively well and came with a lot of attachments (carpet + hard floor head too).

The battery lasts great but I can't do a 'deep clean' of my house in one charge. I can vacuum all the floors no probs which is the main thing, but if you are a bit OCD and like to vacuum skirting, door frames, window ledges etc then you might need a charge in between. For me it is not an issue as I can 'deep clean' one floor a week.

i live on my tod in a 3 bed house, so half the rooms never even get looked into. runtime is unlikely to be an issue.

Man of Honour
Dyson V11 (I think) here. We had a V10 and it failed. They sent as a V11 as a replacement. I was scheptical at first but now I wouldn't go back to a normal vacuum. The light weight is a bonus in a three story house.

Soldato
I have a Shark. One of the pet ones. It's good tbh. Runtime on normal mode is a fair amount of time.
When I got mine they were doing a promo where I got a 2nd battery and the dual charging base which is very handy when you're halfway through the house. 2 secs to swap them over and away you go again.

Soldato
Another Shark owner here.

I'm impressed with it, and tend to get it out more often since it's so much more convenient than a regular vac. Twin batteries mean run time isn't an issue and it's quite straightforward to strip for filter cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom