Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
The man doesn't rest. Here he goes, off on another avenue of deflection from his own responsibility. Creating more division and animosity like there isnt enough already. Is this what the US really needs amidst this Pandemic that's claimed so many? He obviously doesnt give a **** about the deaths. Remember the whole thing a badge of honour :rolleyes:

Soldato
The man doesn't rest. Here he goes, off on another avenue of deflection from his own responsibility. Creating more division and animosity like there isnt enough already. Is this what the US really needs amidst this Pandemic that's claimed so many? He obviously doesnt give a **** about the deaths. Remember the whole thing a badge of honour :rolleyes:

Are we to fill in the rest? Tea pot? Crisis?

Soldato
Trump is using the official White House Twitter account now to publish his blocked tweets threatening to shoot Americans. Aaaand they just got blocked again.

In the last 24hrs he's threatened to shut down a private company that did something he didn't like and threatened to have Americans shot and completely ignored the fact that over 100k Americans have died from COVID. Are you Trump supporters still blindly supporting him or has he crossed the line yet?

Erm, he was warning that business owners may shoot looters, which is what happens in those situations..

Twitter had already been shadow banning/censoring conservatives for no reason, they're just now upping their game before the election

Soldato
Erm, he was warning that business owners may shoot looters, which is what happens in those situations..
"When the looting starts, the shooting starts". Yeah... no. He was talking about the military in the previous sentence. It's plain as day that he's threatening looters with the military. You can't sugar-coat it any other way.

I for one only popped into this thread to say how happy I am that Twitter grew a pair of balls and are taking him on. He can't touch them, they should have done this long ago. In Trump's tiny mind to "beat" Twitter he gets them shut down. Conveniently forgetting that it's his biggest mouthpiece and propaganda tool. He would have been removed from office years ago without right wing Twitter-storms propagating his nonsense and giving him the news cycle.

Caporegime

Twitter had already been shadow banning/censoring conservatives for no reason, they're just now upping their game before the election

Sorry where's the context for what you're saying?

The tweet literally says when the looting starts then the shooting starts after saying he's got the army?

Soldato

No he wasn't. He was quoting a police chief from the 1960s who was referring to police being authorised to shoot people. He even mentions the military in the previous sentence and talks about them taking control.

Twitter haven't been banning/censoring conservatives for no reason, they've been doing it because they broke their rules.

Soldato

Oh behave. You really will make up any excuse for him won't you. He was quoting a racist Police Chief from 1967 in Miami.

https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=d&d=DS19671228.2.19&e=-------en--20--1--txt-txIN--------1

Police Chief Walter Headley and his shotgun crackdown on Negro slum hooligans

"Let them know they will be dealt with harshly" he said. "We have weapons to defeat crime. Not to use them is a crime in itself."

"This is war" Headley declared.

Headley said "we don't mind being accused of police brutality."

"They haven't seen anything yet."

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts."

Soldato
The Cop was racist, he murdered someone who seems to have been a good bloke, it's still not okay to riot and loot.

Also, imagine thinking Trump is that well informed about the source of his quote LOL

Soldato
You're just interpreting his tweets just like I am, and that's how I saw it.

And those guys aren't protesting... it's criminal mobs, arson, theft, looting and all means of violence, so you should expect to be shot really

The Cop was racist, he murdered someone who seems to have been a good bloke, it's still not okay to riot and loot.

Whenever something like this happens, thugs use it as an opportunity to go stealing, pillaging and plundering. It's never about the victim

Soldato

Also, imagine thinking Trump is that well informed about the source of his quote LOL
\

I don't think you'll find anyone in here that will say looting and setting fire to buildings and cars is in any way acceptable. Clearly it isn't and I'm sure leaders in that community are frustrated that it went this way. In the end it doesn't help at all.

Trump will definitely have asked about that quote because he'd love it. One of his nasty little helpers will have found it or had it passed on to them, my money would be on Stephen Millar or Don Jnr.

Soldato
\

I don't think you'll find anyone in here that will say looting and setting fire to buildings and cars is in any way acceptable. Clearly it isn't and I'm sure leaders in that community are frustrated that it went this way. In the end it doesn't help at all.

Trump will definitely have asked about that quote because he'd love it. One of his nasty little helpers will have found it or had it passed on to them, my money would be on Stephen Millar or Don Jnr.

I think you're giving Trump more credit than you would in almost all other circumstances, you're suggesting he's deliberately chosen to quote a known racist, what benefit does that give him? Does rioting and more violence make him more popular at another election? He wants to take a tough line on looters, that's all.

Soldato
Does make you wonder what the conversations are like in the WH, it's like the smallest chance that he happened to use exactly the same words, or when the rioting started happening talk just naturally turned to shooting them like Walter Headley threatened to do in 1967.

@Roar87: I tend to agree with you that he probably didn't come up with it himself, but see above, someone did so it makes you wonder why that was even being talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom