Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord

Associate
Have you gone through the list of commands for the Developer Console mod to see if anything is useful? I'm sure I saw some there that allowed you to move AI characters to settlements.

Buying Fiefs is one of the higher tier Trade skills. Off the top of my head, I think it's third from top.

Thanks I'll look at getting the dev console, sounds like exactly what I need.

Ahh that explains it, it was just more confusing that it didn't display any under the fiefs section.

Also, how does assignment of a fief work. I have my own kingdom but no matter how many times I take over a settlement/castle, either as part of an army or single handedly it gives 3 suggestions that never include myself.

The clans it does suggest don't always have more influence than me either or a higher clan tier. Is there some trick to this?

Associate
Also, how does assignment of a fief work. I have my own kingdom but no matter how many times I take over a settlement/castle, either as part of an army or single handedly it gives 3 suggestions that never include myself.

The clans it does suggest don't always have more influence than me either or a higher clan tier. Is there some trick to this?

If other clans in your faction don’t own anything they will get priority same as you did when you first joined. What I do is pick the Town or Castle I want then go around taking other castles which then get awarded to the other clan members. Once I get on the vote list (better if you get some % in your favour) I then take the place I want making sure I have enough influence to vote for myself at the highest level. This normally gets me what I want.

Associate
Ah well, the fun has finally gone from this game for now.

Was good whilst it lasted, for me the latest patch seems to have intensified the problems I was having before 10-fold.

Literally, and I mean no exaggeration here a new Kingdom declares war on me every 3-5 minutes. Without no prior warning or reason, just because - even for fun. Even Kingdoms that have been reduced to rubble and don't even own a Fief anymore and have barely any army and no possible chance of ever winning.

Optimistic this is not on purpose and will be fixed as the game develops, for now I'm gonna have to hit uninstall.

Soldato

Was good whilst it lasted, for me the latest patch seems to have intensified the problems I was having before 10-fold.

Literally, and I mean no exaggeration here a new Kingdom declares war on me every 3-5 minutes. Without no prior warning or reason, just because - even for fun. Even Kingdoms that have been reduced to rubble and don't even own a Fief anymore and have barely any army and no possible chance of ever winning.

Optimistic this is not on purpose and will be fixed as the game develops, for now I'm gonna have to hit uninstall.

How long have you been playing the same save? I've not played for a couple of weeks, coming back with a new game, since I'm assuming all the new balances etc that will have been introduced will not have been done with the idea that things have already gone by. Started a new run.

Associate

That’s the issue with 1.4.1. Loads of people are dropping their saves until it’s fixed. I’m still on 1.2.1 with some mods.

Soldato
Without no prior warning or reason, just because - even for fun. Even Kingdoms that have been reduced to rubble and don't even own a Fief anymore and have barely any army and no possible chance of ever winning.

So basically just like you when you started to build your own kingdom ;)

I haven't played this for three weeks and think I'll wait for few more patches.

Associate
How long have you been playing the same save? I've not played for a couple of weeks, coming back with a new game, since I'm assuming all the new balances etc that will have been introduced will not have been done with the idea that things have already gone by. Started a new run.

Been playing on this save file since 1.2.? - cant remember exactly off the top of my head, about 3-4 weeks now.

That’s the issue with 1.4.1. Loads of people are dropping their saves until it’s fixed. I’m still on 1.2.1 with some mods.

Glad to know its not just me then. Is this info taken from their official forums?

So basically just like you when you started to build your own kingdom ;)

I haven't played this for three weeks and think I'll wait for few more patches.

Haha actually no, I just waited for armies to declare war on me usually and take that opportunity to grab a fief before trying to make peace. Im looking forward to when you don't have to track down a hero to declare war/deliver demands or make peace and can do it remotely.

Associate
Been playing on this save file since 1.2.? - cant remember exactly off the top of my head, about 3-4 weeks now.

Glad to know its not just me then. Is this info taken from their official forums?

Haha actually no, I just waited for armies to declare war on me usually and take that opportunity to grab a fief before trying to make peace. Im looking forward to when you don't have to track down a hero to declare war/deliver demands or make peace and can do it remotely.
Yes, plenty of people on their forums talking about it.

I just tried 1.4.1 as I’m getting fed up with the prosperity food shortage issue when I have hardly any garrison which the latest patch resolves. Anyway within 2-3 game days on the latest patch (on an old save) I had the Western Empire declare War and my Own clan mates decide they wanted War with Asarai and S.Empire for good measure.

it seems every time they attempt to fix a silly little thing they make the whole thing worse.

I found out you can’t Marry once you hit 40 or 35 as a female. That’s ridiculous. I have been in various Wars and was unable to do the final part speaking to the Father. By the time my last War ended I was 41. I had to use the console to lower my age and the Ladies and revert it back after.

Last edited:
Soldato
I gave up.

I know it's EA, but I've had no end of stability issues from Day 1. But even when it works, the game just isn't much fun in its current state.

I'll come back to it in a few months and see what's changed. At least they seem to be working on the game, instead of abandoning it like they did with the console release of Warband...

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, plenty of people on their forums talking about it.

I just tried 1.4.1 as I’m getting fed up with the prosperity food shortage issue when I have hardly any garrison which the latest patch resolves. Anyway within 2-3 game days on the latest patch (on an old save) I had the Western Empire declare War and my Own clan mates decide they wanted War with Asarai and S.Empire for good measure.

it seems every time they attempt to fix a silly little thing they make the whole thing worse.

I found out you can’t Marry once you hit 40 or 35 as a female. That’s ridiculous. I have been in various Wars and was unable to do the final part speaking to the Father. By the time my last War ended I was 41. I had to use the console to lower my age and the Ladies and revert it back after.

I've made it a priority to get a wife fairly early. Managed to get one in my last session, can't have been playing that long overall in this save. Another good soldier, and fantastic armour. Got her for a palty 240 Denars too. Start on the children early too is my theory.

Associate
I have Aldric 253k for Liena’s hand. He only wanted 5k but I have so much money why not.

I didn’t realise she was so short. Only noticed when I pinged her with a two handed axe in the arena. First effort went over her head.

Soldato
Is there anywhere I can check for when the next update is due? Planning on a new playthrough (probably), but don't want to get too far without the next patch enabled, so I don't end up with too much power in the hands of one kingdom before starting my own (or aligning myself with one).

Caporegime
Soldato
1.4.2 beta is released, seemingly lots of crashes. I don't know if the change was made in this patch, but improved charcoal from smithing skill has changed from 3 bits of wood to 2 charcoal, to 2 bits of wood to 3 charcoal. It's insanely powerful. As a new character I doubled my money immediately, and soon tripled it. I then wasted money trying to find weapons to smelt into steel. I'd suggest instead killing lots of looters, since they have some Seaxes that you can turn into steel I believe.

Then just created a 2 handed swords I'd unlocked, no more than steel quality use (not much of that I don't think), and it's worth 20k. I'm already at a stage now where I don't care about money really. About level 100 in smithing (maxxed out focus). Any time I need to, I can forge a weapon that'll sell for 10k+ without much fuss, and with materials I can gather from looters. Planning on attempting to woo Phaea, and then... I don't know. Buy an army and farm renown I guess!

TLDR - Sod learning trade, just smith.

Caporegime
Taleworlds are a mess at the moment, the game is in a shocking and barebones state considering how long it's been in develppment and I am pretty sure that they are only just keeping their heads above water. There is no way in hell this game will be ready at the end of the year unless they make severe compromises in their delivery.

Soldato
I bought an early access game, and I'm playing a beta branch, I'd expect crashes. Still having a load of fun. The original mount and blade was a basic sandbox, but the mods etc that are possible are what made it a true success, and I have no doubt the same will be true here.

Caporegime
I bought an early access game, and I'm playing a beta branch, I'd expect crashes. Still having a load of fun. The original mount and blade was a basic sandbox, but the mods etc that are possible are what made it a true success, and I have no doubt the same will be true here.
I admire your endearing yet somewhat illogical fanboy optimism. :)

Back
Top Bottom