**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Looking forward to hearing more!

The rom they flashed is the Xiaomi EU.
It has weekly updates, so that great.

The screen is very good even though it's only 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio.
It has always on option where you can pick options like how long and can pick your own style(which is pictures and clocks.
It has pick up to wake and double tap to turn on\off screen.

It comes with a 65W charge. But I believe it charges at 50W. Wireless charging at 30W and Reverse wireless charging at 10W.
The Miui 11 is way better then the last time I used it.
The launcher is more like Nova. In fact I haven't installed nova this time around.
Though I will find a better icon pack.

I haven't been near a 5G mask, so I can't test it.
GPS is fast and spot on.

So far so good.
There are so many options in the settings that I am only halfway through :)

Associate
The rom they flashed is the Xiaomi EU.
It has weekly updates, so that great.

The screen is very good even though it's only 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio.
It has always on option where you can pick options like how long and can pick your own style(which is pictures and clocks.
It has pick up to wake and double tap to turn on\off screen.

It comes with a 65W charge. But I believe it charges at 50W. Wireless charging at 30W and Reverse wireless charging at 10W.
The Miui 11 is way better then the last time I used it.
The launcher is more like Nova. In fact I haven't installed nova this time around.
Though I will find a better icon pack.

I haven't been near a 5G mask, so I can't test it.
GPS is fast and spot on.

So far so good.
There are so many options in the settings that I am only halfway through :)

Sounds superb so far!! Thanks for the review.

Caporegime
Finally gave my mother-in-law her Xiaomi Mi A3 last night, and I have to say I was impressed - frequently forgetting it was a £200 phone. Only played with it for a few minutes but it runs fantastically and my initial concerns about the 720p are completely gone.

Soldato
Anyone have the realme X2 pro? After much searching I've basically narrowed it down to the realme X2 pro or the OnePlus 7t. Both seem almost identical but with a price difference.

Im pretty certain I want
90hz minimum (not tried or seen it apart from YouTube videos but everyone raves about how smooth it is)
Amoled
855 Snapdragon
Not worried about notches, or hole punches

The screen size. Everything seems big these days with very few "small" phones out. S10e seems the best of the bunch at the moment but still fairly high priced Vs the more recent "flagship killers" and I read so many horror stories regarding the exynos chip. I know it doesn't have 90hz but the size is really appealing.
Id prefer something the size of the s10e or small pixel. But it.looks like I'm not really going to find much of that going on.

Cameras, I have the pixel 2xl which while has a good camera I'd really like an ultra wide. Most seem to have them. I don't need Tele.

Battery life is where I want it to be good. My pixel 2xl has been ok, I'd like it to be better. Accubattery gives me an average of 4hrs 5mins of screen on time..

Ram I'm not really sure but I'd guess 8 would be good.
Storage 128gb with expandable would be nice but not really concerned.

Price - under £400 if at all possible. X2pro I can get for £419 from the UK.

Anyone wanna throw any other phones into the mix that I may have overlooked?

Last edited:
Associate
Finally gave my mother-in-law her Xiaomi Mi A3 last night, and I have to say I was impressed - frequently forgetting it was a £200 phone. Only played with it for a few minutes but it runs fantastically and my initial concerns about the 720p are completely gone.
It's a great little phone!

Caporegime
So I've just smashed my S9+ up (devastated, wanted to keep this a while). No insurance and a repair seems to cost as much as the phone. Top half of the phone doesn't work.

Should I be wary considering the POCO F2? How is the warranty from the likes of gear best etc?

Soldato
Anyone have the realme X2 pro? After much searching I've basically narrowed it down to the realme X2 pro or the OnePlus 7t. Both seem almost identical but with a price difference.

I have the 8GB/128GB X2 and it's a very good phone for money. I was going to go for the Pro version but the lack of SD card slot put pay to that.

Caporegime
I know this is a Chinese phone thread but to my knowledge this is an American company so hope I don't get flames....
What are people's thoughts on the TCL pro 10? And the lite version?

https://www.tclusa.com/products/mobile/tcl-10-pro

Available 1st of June for £400 and £200, generic YouTube unboxing videos seem to rave about it.
Linus seemed to be more impressed than he expected.

Back
Top Bottom