New helmet

Soldato
Hi guys, my helmet is probably 6 years (possibly 7 eek) and I need a new one.

Current helmet is a Shark Vision R, and I love it.

Get the same one again or any suggestions? Must have a sun visor inside, ideally fog shield also.

Budget, £300-£400 or less if you can get just a good.

Ta

Soldato
I've just picked up a Shark Spartan Carbon. It's my first Shark, I used AGV previously but liked the look of the Spartan Carbon and the reviews are awesome. Tried it out today for the first time and the quality of the lid is incredible. Love it.

smaller1.jpg

smaller2.jpg

Associate
I've just picked up a Shark Spartan Carbon. It's my first Shark, I used AGV previously but liked the look of the Spartan Carbon and the reviews are awesome. Tried it out today for the first time and the quality of the lid is incredible. Love it.

smaller1.jpg

smaller2.jpg

How it feeling after few weeks? I'm after a new lid, tried 2 so far an AGV K1 which puts way too much pressure on my temple and an Icon Airflite which felt okay but pretty much ripped my ears off when I took it off. My head measures 60cm but I'm half tempted try an XL this time. Been looking at these on Sportbikeshop.

Associate
Well hopefully he'll have a good answer to your question by now. I had a similar problem with the AGV helmets as you, then found shark put too much pressure on my forehead. Aria was the only one that had a nice fit.

Soldato
Get the same one again or any suggestions? Must have a sun visor inside, ideally fog shield also.

Budget, £300-£400 or less if you can get just a good.

Ta

I bought a Shoei GT-Air 2 yesterday :):):)
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/2959

Still not sure if i bought the right colour :confused: as i have always mainly had black crash helmets so i thought i make a complete change this time so i bought a white one :eek:

Edit: Just seen your post above :o

Last edited:
Soldato
How it feeling after few weeks? I'm after a new lid, tried 2 so far an AGV K1 which puts way too much pressure on my temple and an Icon Airflite which felt okay but pretty much ripped my ears off when I took it off. My head measures 60cm but I'm half tempted try an XL this time. Been looking at these on Sportbikeshop.

The Shark Spartan Carbon is THE best lid I've ever owned. I've had Arai, Shoei, AGV, Caberg and OGK lids over the years but I'd rate this one above them all. That obviously is a personal opinion. The Spartan is quieter than my previous AGV. It fits spot on, initially it seemed a little tight but it eased up as the miles went on. I tried a mates identical lid on first and would always recommend trying first rather than buy blindly over the Internet.

The Spartan has outstanding peripheral vision compared to some lids I've had. It came with a black and clear visor, both with pin locks. The venting system works really well and the drop down internal visor is a bonus. The visors are ridiculously easy to swap over too, a very clever mechanism has been thought out on that.

One thing I've really been impressed with is the lack of buffeting in the wind at speed compared to some lids. So those 'spoiler wings' on the back really do work.

Finally, build quality is sublime, easily equal to a lid costing twice as much.

I'd buy another. I'm definitely a Shark convert now.

Associate
The Shark Spartan Carbon is THE best lid I've ever owned. I've had Arai, Shoei, AGV, Caberg and OGK lids over the years but I'd rate this one above them all. That obviously is a personal opinion. The Spartan is quieter than my previous AGV. It fits spot on, initially it seemed a little tight but it eased up as the miles went on. I tried a mates identical lid on first and would always recommend trying first rather than buy blindly over the Internet.

The Spartan has outstanding peripheral vision compared to some lids I've had. It came with a black and clear visor, both with pin locks. The venting system works really well and the drop down internal visor is a bonus. The visors are ridiculously easy to swap over too, a very clever mechanism has been thought out on that.

One thing I've really been impressed with is the lack of buffeting in the wind at speed compared to some lids. So those 'spoiler wings' on the back really do work.

Finally, build quality is sublime, easily equal to a lid costing twice as much.

I'd buy another. I'm definitely a Shark convert now.

Thanks for the review. I’ll probably try one. Best thing is free returns. I’m just wondering after have 2 size L and both of them feeling considerably tight on my forehead if I should try an XL. I had an HJC which I got rid of last year that was XL but after measuring my head and visiting the local bike shop I was assured I should stick with size L.

Soldato
Thanks for the review. I’ll probably try one. Best thing is free returns. I’m just wondering after have 2 size L and both of them feeling considerably tight on my forehead if I should try an XL. I had an HJC which I got rid of last year that was XL but after measuring my head and visiting the local bike shop I was assured I should stick with size L.
Helmet size is only part of getting the correct fitting helmet.

You also need the right shape helmet to match the shape of your head...

Back
Top Bottom