Corsair Carbide Air 240 Replacement HDD Tray

kar

kar

Associate
Hey there, I bought a second hand Corsair Air 240 machine a few years back and never really paid much attention to the 3.5" HDD Trays as was only using SSDs.

I've now repurposed that old machine as a server and wanted to add a couple 3.5 HDDs to it, but lo and behold there is nowhere clear that I can store them. The tray caddy that sits above the power supply was obviously removed by the previous owner.

Just curious if anyone knows of an alternative mounting option in the air 240 for 3"1/2 in drives?

Associate
I’ve got the same case. There isn’t really anywhere else to put 3.5” drives. The caddy above the psu has sliders that hold the drive and they slot in. Can hold 3 3.5” drives.

Should be able to pick up a caddy from Corsair I would have thought.

Soldato
I think the original part is still available to order on its own - I believe is the same part used on the 450D and 750D (and shared with loads of others to). The UK corsair site has the parts lists on somewhere

kar

kar

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies - I've found the sku on the corsair site (SKU CC-8930322) - but out of stock :(. Is it definitely the same as the one used in the 450 / 750D?

Soldato
Looking at the page for that SKU you've found it looks very different from the one I've got in my 450D unfortunately. The SKU you for the one I'm looking at is CC-8930032 - you might be able to make it fit and it's in stock in the UK - I'm not sure the holes will line up but it's hard to tell from the pics

kar

kar

Associate
OP
Just a quick update, the only part that will fit is indeed the part Corsair had on their site.

Their support got back to me and said they don't sell that part anymore but have been able to hook me up with a replacement anyway. Big thumbs up to Corsair for helping out there even if it's such a cheap part nice to know they can sort it out.

Associate
Just a quick update, the only part that will fit is indeed the part Corsair had on their site.

Their support got back to me and said they don't sell that part anymore but have been able to hook me up with a replacement anyway. Big thumbs up to Corsair for helping out there even if it's such a cheap part nice to know they can sort it out.

I've got the same problem.

Can you tell me what the part Corsair pointed you to?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom