Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
Well that's disappointing but I'm sure it's more down to laziness.

Or because they are developing the game for a platform list as long as your arm - Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5, Google Stadia, PC. That is not a light workload by any stretch of the imagination. :p

Soldato
Are xbox doing anything for e3/next week similar to sony? Id like to know price and get a preorder in at amazon.
If anyone does see them go on at amazon do tag me =). I hope theres more cross platform play in the next generation

Soldato
There is Zero chance Microsoft undercuts Sony. Phil Spencer has said several times in the last few months that Microsoft will never be a loss leader, they aim to sell the highest performing game console and will charge a premium for that privilege.

Whatever the PS5 price is, add $50 minimum to it and you have the Series X price

Caporegime
OP
There is Zero chance Microsoft undercuts Sony. Phil Spencer has said several times in the last few months that Microsoft will never be a loss leader, they aim to sell the highest performing game console and will charge a premium for that privilege.

Whatever the PS5 price is, add $50 minimum to it and you have the Series X price

I would suggest they are dead in the water then. Few PlayStation people are going to shift to Xbox when it costs more, even if it is slightly more powerful. Joe Public doesn't care about better raytracing or 2 extra Tflops. The only way they can charge more for XSX is if they do launch Series S as well.

Soldato
I would suggest they are dead in the water then. Few PlayStation people are going to shift to Xbox when it costs more, even if it is slightly more powerful. Joe Public doesn't care about better raytracing or 2 extra Tflops. The only way they can charge more for XSX is if they do launch Series S as well.
This I agree with.

A parent looking to buy his or her child a consol isn't gonna be looking into teraflops or ray tracing, it will be cost.

Sony won this gen due to cost but also imo far better games. Previous gen Microsoft won it due to better games and being cheaper.

Notice the pattern. Game pass is great but I don't think it's a system seller especially in terms of launching a consol so Microsoft need to under cut Sony even if it's only by £30-50

That or halo needs to go back to being amazing again

Caporegime
OP
The latest gossip suggests that Microsoft are partnering with Sega in Japan and the Xbox brand will be dropped. Sega Series X will be the console name and all the marketing done that way.

Soldato
That just sounds like a dumb idea, Sony/Nintendo own Japan.

Do sega actually do that well over there?

Reason Microsoft struggle in Japan is they don't offer games or tech that appeals to that market, sticking sega name on it won't change it

Soldato
The latest gossip suggests that Microsoft are partnering with Sega in Japan and the Xbox brand will be dropped. Sega Series X will be the console name and all the marketing done that way.

It sounds stupid (to us) but totally could work in Asia where ultra nationalism is rife. Xbox gets a lot of hate in Japan simply because it's not a Japanese company - now change the name to Sega and wow, hello sales!

Soldato
That just sounds like a dumb idea, Sony/Nintendo own Japan.

Do sega actually do that well over there?

Reason Microsoft struggle in Japan is they don't offer games or tech that appeals to that market, sticking sega name on it won't change it

Not quite true, they play normal games too it's not all weibo simulators.

here is the top sold games in Japan in 2019

https://www.statista.com/statistics/215461/sales-numbers-of-top-selling-video-games-in-japan/

A
ll the PS4 games on that list are Multiplatform games found on the Xbox and they run better on the Xbox One X yet no one buys that console. More to do with the fact that Japanese people prefer to buy Japanese products, it's their culture to be nationalist and support local companies first and foremost.

Soldato
Not quite true, they play normal games too it's not all weibo simulators.

here is the top sold games in Japan in 2019

https://www.statista.com/statistics/215461/sales-numbers-of-top-selling-video-games-in-japan/

A
ll the PS4 games on that list are Multiplatform games found on the Xbox and they run better on the Xbox One X yet no one buys that console. More to do with the fact that Japanese people prefer to buy Japanese products, it's their culture to be nationalist and support local companies first and foremost.
Fair enough, that's me wrong then.

I guess sega will make a nice profit from the deal if true

Man of Honour

“we will not be out of position on power or price” - Phil Spencer
https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/14...-price-performance-ps5-phil-spencer-interview

Now where is your source for your claim, and when was it made in relation to that quote above?

Soldato
I can see them costing the same. And whilst the Xbox is going to be the more powerful console, unless you think raw SSD speed is everything..., the PlayStation will continue to sell more.

Even though MS have doubled down on backward compatibility and current peripherals being compatible well ahead of launch.

Caporegime
OP
I assume the XSX will support multiple SSD carts? So, for example, you could have driving games on one cart, FPS on another cart and you can just swap them in and out willy nilly with the console updating the library screen as necessary? I haven't really seen anything about this but I guess it will be an expensive way of doing things, maybe £150 per 1TB cart.

Soldato
I assume the XSX will support multiple SSD carts? So, for example, you could have driving games on one cart, FPS on another cart and you can just swap them in and out willy nilly with the console updating the library screen as necessary? I haven't really seen anything about this but I guess it will be an expensive way of doing things, maybe £150 per 1TB cart.

From what I gather yeah they'll probably offer larger add in cards.

Back
Top Bottom