ASUS ROG PG27UQ - fan noise

Associate
So, I spoke to asus about the noise coming from the display because of the poorly designed fan. Its a tiny thing that has a real high pitch whine to it, but also the screen would just get incredibly hot and the fan would go mad. Got a speedy replacement under RMA. But I was not happy because the replacement had at least 2 dead pixels (mine never had any) and the fan noise was lesser, but still very obvious. Long story short, ASUS quality control seems a bit naff. Currently waiting to hear back about what they can do as they have promised to sort it.

Soldato
All you can do is keep complaining until you get one you like. QA on monitors across the board is dreadful. Until they sort it out (which will probably never) I`m going to stick to sub £300 monitors. Not going high end every again.

Associate
OP
yeah, dont disagree with you. Just expect a lot more when you spend upwards of 2k on a display. Its fantastic when it works as intended, but poor QA and a ridiculous cooling design really let it down

Soldato
I had two Asus monitors recently one with a stuck red pixel, second one came had 4 stuck pixels and a scratch in the centre of the screen. Both were brand new. Going to try another two then I'll give up and move onto another brand. Shame as the monitor itself is excellent.

Associate
OP
I had two Asus monitors recently one with a stuck red pixel, second one came had 4 stuck pixels and a scratch in the centre of the screen. Both were brand new. Going to try another two then I'll give up and move onto another brand. Shame as the monitor itself is excellent.
Its truly daft. Got to wonder how these things pass their supposedly rigorous QA tests. The only Issue I had originally was fan noise, getting an RMA has just given me more issues than I had originally. Its ridiculous.

Soldato
All you can do is keep complaining until you get one you like. QA on monitors across the board is dreadful. Until they sort it out (which will probably never) I`m going to stick to sub £300 monitors. Not going high end every again.

I have a Asus pg349q. I’ve sent two back to the supplier. First one had bad back light bleed in the corners. Suppliers said it was minimal but will replace it giving me the benefit of the doubt.

Second one was a bit better but had awful IPS glow and viewing angles. Sent that one back but they said fault was within manufacturers tolerance. This was sent back in April. Still haven’t had it sorted.

can they allow a defect to be present like that and disregard it as within tolerance ?

I paid just under 1100 quid !

Associate
OP
I have a Asus pg349q. I’ve sent two back to the supplier. First one had bad back light bleed in the corners. Suppliers said it was minimal but will replace it giving me the benefit of the doubt.

Second one was a bit better but had awful IPS glow and viewing angles. Sent that one back but they said fault was within manufacturers tolerance. This was sent back in April. Still haven’t had it sorted.

can they allow a defect to be present like that and disregard it as within tolerance ?

I paid just under 1100 quid !

Its such a joke, ive got a second replacement coming now too. when you pay this much money you expect a lot more, if their refurbished displays arent up to scratch, they should at least offer a new replacement. If not just want the money back because its unacceptable

Back
Top Bottom