Nissan 400z Car rumoured (twin turbo - lol)

Soldato
Hope they put a good DCT in it this time. I tried a 350 & 370 in the past and found them a bit confusing, it's in the wrong place on the Sports<->GT scale IMO. Still though nice to see the sector not completely dying, be some nice competition against the new Supra.

Man of Honour
The VR30DDTT is a peach of an engine, reasonable power gains to be had from basic bolt ons and tuning.

And a weapon with some AMS Love

Get in the sea

Anything would be better than the horrible Jatco torque converter they use in the current 370Z.

It's also what they use behind the VR30DDTT in the Q50/Q60

Edit: It's got the Supra to go toe to toe with now, so while the purists aren't going to enjoy a turbo engine it wasn't going to compete.

Last edited:
Soldato
you gotta sell boring stuff to make interesting stuff..

sadly the reality, sports cars are a tiny market compared to jacked up hatches

People want sports cars, but buy boring stuff because most people are sheep. Then they want their boring stuff to be "sporty". So we have a load of SUVs with a horrible ride quality with tat glued to them, fake exhaust noise, etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
But not really. A lot of people got rid of the rear wheel steering on the 300zx because it started to go wrong.
That kinda applies to every 1990s JDM car with 4WS, when you were buying them in the 00s "remove the 4WS" was pretty much standard advice, hell companies even made replacement axle kits to do it for models that never had a 2WS variant lol. I lost my BB4 VTEC Prelude after the 4WS ECU decided we needed to go off the side of a (luckily stone) bridge) lol :(

Soldato
Get in the sea
I appreciate the sentiment, but you gotta face facts eventually :p. Most cars are daily drivers, and autos are better for that. Beyond that they are also better to most people’s perception of sportiness, for years ‘flappy paddles’ have been the token of supercars and now they’re on hatchback sprog wagons.

I wouldn’t go back to a manual on my daily, and actually I’d say anything quicker than 5s to to 60 (ish, I know I’m generalising) would be so much of a handful it would be less fun for the rare occasions you get to use the power for everyone but experienced enthusiasts.

Soldato
I appreciate the sentiment, but you gotta face facts eventually :p. Most cars are daily drivers, and autos are better for that. Beyond that they are also better to most people’s perception of sportiness, for years ‘flappy paddles’ have been the token of supercars and now they’re on hatchback sprog wagons.

I wouldn’t go back to a manual on my daily, and actually I’d say anything quicker than 5s to to 60 (ish, I know I’m generalising) would be so much of a handful it would be less fun for the rare occasions you get to use the power for everyone but experienced enthusiasts.

I had an A45 as a daily and it was the most uninspiring thing I’ve ever done in my life. I had counselling over it.

Soldato
I looked at Z cars but ended up buying an NB MX5 and supercharging it, because that's just my preference, small and agile.

That said, my mate does have a 370Z and it is kinda fun, but then it's the only big V6 I've been in so the novelty is probably the biggest thing.

Back
Top Bottom