******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Well, that's what we're going to find out.

What's your motivation here btw? Is it anything more than the usual 'I must show how much smarter I am than everyone else' kind of thing, or do you genuinely believe you're saving souls or something?

Soldato
The Vulkan API, HDR, Server Meshing..... Extendable Physics Grids :D for ship to ship docking and more besides are things that are actively being worked on right now but they are not on the roadmap because they don't know when these things will be ready, even the Pyro System is being worked on as we speak; they don't have a time scale to put on the roadmap.

If you watch the videos they put out on a Thursday they talk about these things.

What i'm talking about is this next quarters patch, its about done which means very soon it will go into Evocati testing, probably days after the Invictus event is finished. :)

I thought you're speaking about the whole game. :D

1. It doesn't need an economy. The only relevant enconomy in SC is the one where pixels are sold to mugs for ludicrous sums to fund Robert's lifestyle and ego.
RDR2 is a open world game which wants to have an economy (after all you buy stuff, sell stuff, gain money, etc.), but is a very basic system behind, as old as the gaming industry, no innovation.
SC and law system aims to emulate the real life one. Atm, is work in progress.

2. Heard all this blather about reactive AI before - this is nothing new.
Cool, do you know of games that actually have very good AI, able to do all the tasks it must perform in SC? Name a few.

3. See above.
?

4. It's beautifully realised world. SC has a few planets representing what menat to be endless space. So hands down win to RDR2 here.
It's work in progress, point was there is far greater work goes into bigger spaceships that goes into a town or two in RDR2.

5. I've seen the NPC's in SC, they look awful, standing around doing nothing, hands on hips, or wierdly positioned, disapearing entirely for no reason, or simply falling throuigh the floor.
Ergo, work in progress.

There is no game dude, so there's no scope to discuss, it's a glorified tech demo with a few weak gameplay loops, there's zero real complexity or depth, it's great marketing allied to some nice visuals to ditsract the Roberts cultists from seeing the bigger picture, and keeping them hyped for yet another round of milking.
It's work in progress, come back when is launched.

Soldato
So basically Callin, more whataboutery and time-based excuses. Claims made the extreme complexity, depth and quality of game systems and features etc but no evidence to support them.

Time of course is exactly what Roberts is playing for.

Last edited:
Soldato
So basically Callin, more whataboutery and time-based excuses. Claims made the extreme complexity, depth and quality of game systems and features etc but no evidence to support them.

Time of course is exactly what Roberts is playing for.

People seem to be on "but that game!", failing to see there is no game to compare in complexity.
No evidence? Well, you have the ships, the planets, the almighty physics grids, some sort of quests, locations, etc. Of course you'll say "only that?", it has been said since the hangar was available, then the quick death mach with other ships, etc. I think or should be available a type of Battlefield sort of game.

I get it, some people wanted here and now instead of postponing something with the aim to gain more. Is the human nature.

In general, it is funny to see people wanting this to fail while probably blaming other games that don't innovate enough. :)

Soldato
People seem to be on "but that game!", failing to see there is no game to compare in complexity.
No evidence? Well, you have the ships, the planets, the almighty physics grids, some sort of quests, locations, etc. Of course you'll say "only that?", it has been said since the hangar was available, then the quick death mach with other ships, etc. I think or should be available a type of Battlefield sort of game.

I get it, some people wanted here and now instead of postponing something with the aim to gain more. Is the human nature.

In general, it is funny to see people wanting this to fail while probably blaming other games that don't innovate enough. :)

"The Almighty Physics grids" - :D 8 years and $250M+ and we're talking about physics grids! is that gaming has come to?

I don't want to see SC fail as the damage is already done, you have all informed other devs and publishers just how far much further they can push the "give us something for nothing" envelope with your idiotic spending.

Associate
I think your missing a large number who are highly critical of it actually gave their money to the project, like I did. I was one of the original backers and after 7 years I still don't have what was promised, not great considering original time frame for competition was a year or two from original kickstarter. To be clear I do not think it's a scam, just a extremely poorly manged project

Anyone who thinks by far the most complex/ambitious game software development ever initiated was going to be accomplished in 1-2 years, no matter what was "said", doesn't know anything about software development.

Soldato
"The Almighty Physics grids" - :D 8 years and $250M+ and we're talking about physics grids! is that gaming has come to?
I don't want to see SC fail as the damage is already done, you have all informed other devs and publishers just how far much further they can push the "give us something for nothing" envelope with your idiotic spending.

Well, you seem to take what you want from the discussion and minimize everything that is progress. But a point of view like that is not that bad, at least is keeping some pressure on the project. But I fear that upon lunch, even if is good, the tune will change into "only this?".

Anyone who thinks by far the most complex/ambitious game software development ever initiated was going to be accomplished in 1-2 years, no matter what was "said", doesn't know anything about software development.

Exactly. Plenty of examples to go around.

Soldato
I discovered today that if you log out of the launcher, close it, and log back in it fixes the 16007 issue....

That didn't work for me - even after resets, validations, all kinds.

The only thing that's fixed it has been changing my DNS servers, and flushing the DNS. No idea why - but switching between ISP, OpenDNS, Google and the like fixes it first time.

Associate
Well 3.9 is broken for me. On the rare occasion I do get in the game it crashes pretty much every time. I've not managed more than 10 minutes. 3.8 was fine. Bloody annoying as it's looking more like a proper game now.

Caporegime
2080ti. I looked at the page file as per another guide and it looked ok. What exactly do I need to do with it? Cheers!

Well that's plenty of GPU..... Let Windows do the page file, i remember locking mine to 16GB because of SSD space and it didn't like it, i have a larger NVMe drive now..

Once i'm in it runs for hours without crashing.

Back
Top Bottom