** HAVE A PEKING AT THESE DUCKY NEW BOARDS! - EXTRA TASTY **

Associate
Couldn't agree more honestly, the first one looks like an old microsoft keyboard from 1999. People are like wow it's so gorgeous. No it's not, it's a fugly grey keyboard. Worth it for different keys? Not for more than £40. Profit margins will be +++++++++. Getting as bad as graphics cards.

Just because they might not seem to cost a lot, does not mean the price cannot be higher.
They are comparatively rare, hence why there are many people waiting on these to come back in stock. That rarity increases the price.
It is worth the £… well to some, yes, there's no reason why you would not get 10-15 years of quality typing out of one of these things, and if your job is typing or enjoy typing then it's worth it.
Even if it only lasts me 10 years, that's £10 a year for a nice feal… I spend more than that on a takeout pizza. In Fact I spent more than twice that on a vector and the little **** drives me up the wall and will probably be dead before these keyboards come back in stock.
But you are correct, the gray one is kind of gash looking.

OcUK Staff
OP
Couldn't agree more honestly, the first one looks like an old microsoft keyboard from 1999. People are like wow it's so gorgeous. No it's not, it's a fugly grey keyboard. Worth it for different keys? Not for more than £40. Profit margins will be +++++++++. Getting as bad as graphics cards.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If we also extend your argument a little further why not only each porridge every meal, why do people buy ferraris when they could buy a scooter.. etc etc

Capitalism means if there is a demand for something people will make it. If no demand then not.

Don't buy them if you don't want to. Doesn't mean other people shouldn't.

Soldato

If we also extend your argument a little further why not only each porridge every meal, why do people buy ferraris when they could buy a scooter.. etc etc

Capitalism means if there is a demand for something people will make it. If no demand then not.

ETA on restock?, i'd like to get one with red switches, desk space is at a premium so the 60% versions would be perfect for me

OcUK Staff
OP
ETA on restock?, i'd like to get one with red switches, desk space is at a premium so the 60% versions would be perfect for me

Ducky factories in China and Taiwan I believe were hard hit because of supply chains.

There are currently conatiners on the water but the disty doesn't know whats on each one so hesitate to put forward dates on particular models.

Some is due first week of next month.

I'll have an idea once the conatiner lands at the distributor.

Soldato
Ducky factories in China and Taiwan I believe were hard hit because of supply chains.

There are currently conatiners on the water but the disty doesn't know whats on each one so hesitate to put forward dates on particular models.

Some is due first week of next month.

I'll have an idea once the conatiner lands at the distributor.

no problem, thanks for the update, I'll keep checking overclocks and hope they land :)

Associate

Seems like a terrible argument, honestly. Firstly other foods contain far more nutrients and taste a lot better than porridge, and are a similar price. Ferraris are much faster and more comfortable than a scooter hence the difference in price.

These are more like 'art'. Overpriced nonsense that are maybe 2% better than a standard keyboard. You're right of course that where there is demand they will sell. Just confuses me that there is demand for this sort of thing at this price range.

Also to the previous person that was talking about the price being not much over time, that wasn't really my point. It's about the value of it vs what else you can buy that does the same thing. These are insanely inflated prices and will have the same lifespan as any 20-40 quid keyboard. I've tried all types of keys and honestly the difference is snake oil at best.

Associate
Admit it, you're just tight.

As a qualified touch-typist the Ducky Shine I have is the best keyboard I've ever owned. I was a massive fan of the Microsoft Ergonomic keyboards from when they came out but the Cherry red switches I'm using now blow membrane keyboards into the weeds for typing feel and comfort.

If you don't get it that's fine but that doesn't mean it's pointless or stupid just that you aren't calibrated for this sort of equipment.

Soldato
I have never used a ducky, but i can say there is a world of difference from a £70+ mechanical keyboard to a sub 40 membrane or cheap mechanical., the typing experience is completely different. and i believe most high end mech keyboards you can swap out the keycaps to suite your own tastes as well.

Back
Top Bottom