Great camera that doesn't break the bank?

Caporegime
My s7 is starting to really show its age.
Mainly I think as apps get heavier it can't have many open at once before it really lags

Problem is I see so many phones where they have a great camera
Also must be waterproof.

But they have 5g, big high res screens, and other such premium features that I just don't need.

Is there a phone worth upgrading to that isn't 4x the price?
I mean I got this phone for 200.

Happy to go second hand

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you looked at maybe a 2nd hand or nearly new S10? Still fairly small physically, just a smidgen larger I think than the S7.

Soldato
Are you massively opposed to a large screen? A lot of new phones generally have a large screen but they also have a higher screen:body ratio, meaning that they often aren't THAT much bigger, despite having a larger screen.

For example, I have a Xiaomi Mi 9 which has a 6.4" screen, which is about 40% larger than your S7s screen but the phone itself is only 14% bigger by volume. Just worth considering when looking.

Soldato
I went from S7 Edge to S10e, definitely a great upgrade and they are basically identical size. S10 is only a little bit bigger, but also gains a telephoto lens and under display fingerprint scanner, not that I've complaints about side mounted one.

Have your Pixels too, 3 is available cheaply on second hand market and good deals around on 3a.

Soldato
I went from S7 Edge to S10e, definitely a great upgrade and they are basically identical size. S10 is only a little bit bigger, but also gains a telephoto lens and under display fingerprint scanner, not that I've complaints about side mounted one.

Have your Pixels too, 3 is available cheaply on second hand market and good deals around on 3a.
This... with the 4a due out very soon, probably can wait and get a 3a cheap even brand new. But the rumours i've read about the Pixel 4a is that it might land at around £350 starting price.

I previously changed from a Pixel 2XL to S10+ and honestly still think in my view the Pixel produced better pictures. But that's my view.

Soldato
This... with the 4a due out very soon, probably can wait and get a 3a cheap even brand new. But the rumours i've read about the Pixel 4a is that it might land at around £350 starting price.

I previously changed from a Pixel 2XL to S10+ and honestly still think in my view the Pixel produced better pictures. But that's my view.

Only issue that stopped me upgrading to Pixels have been their lack of lenses. While I could live without telephoto, after getting used to an ultrawide, I wouldn't want to go back to a phone without one.

You'd need to splash out on Pixel 4 just to get the telephoto, rest are single camera setups bit of course depends on the user if they are happy with that.

Caporegime
OP
It would be nice to have a wide and a tele to be honest.
I guess a used s10 is the only way?

Not opposed to a larger phone.

Back
Top Bottom