Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So to say a joypad are expensive isn’t really fair.

Well it is, since there isn't really any other first party alternative that offers bang for buck even if the buck is less or more expensive for what it offers, and a gamepad only does one thing, whereas a mouse and keyboard do an unlimited amount of things. My comparison was in relation to cost vs scope of use. You can only do one thing with a gamepad, yet it costs £50.

Mouse pads cost £8 btw :p

The intellimouse above has a ball inside which clogs up. That is the same mouse I had in my first PC. IT was cumbersome and unreliable the older it got!

Let's face it, console gamers get fleeced by first parties because there isn't a strong third party giving competition unlike with PC accessories where there is plenty of choice at every budget.

Caporegime
Well it is, since there isn't really any other first party alternative that offers bang for buck even if the buck is less or more expensive for what it offers, and a gamepad only does one thing, whereas a mouse and keyboard do an unlimited amount of things. My comparison was in relation to cost vs scope of use. You can only do one thing with a gamepad, yet it costs £50.

Mouse pads cost £8 btw :p

The intellimouse above has a ball inside which clogs up. That is the same mouse I had in my first PC. IT was cumbersome and unreliable the older it got!

Let's face it, console gamers get fleeced by first parties because there isn't a strong third party giving competition unlike with PC accessories where there is plenty of choice at every budget.

“Gaming and work equally”

Using your own arguments, I have taken everything at your own word. You set the bar on what mouse and keyboard to buy, you said so you use them equally for gaming and work. I took that to 50% (being equally). Everything here is at your own words. But when you are “forced” to buy something cheaper in the console space, it’s expensive.

it doesn’t read like you have a valid complaint, it reads more like you have a bias against consoles because you brought into how cheap games are on steam into it when you don’t factor in the element that you can never sell those games. Like how much is Final Fantasy 7 remake on Steam right now? Wait, it’s not out :p if I get it on PS4 from MM used (say £40), if I play and sell it next week for £30, it’s only £10. The trick is to not buy them games if you don’t play them right away and wait until you are going to. Because console game price falls too (besides Nintendo but you can’t get Nintendo on PC, soooo). I might get Shadow of the Tomb Raider this week on the PS4, it’s £16.99. Not exactly that expensive.

look, I don’t want to go into some massive console vs PC debate but your own numbers (between your joypad and your own mouse and keyboard at 50%) proves console is cheaper, that’s all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My corded strimmer of 10 years or so finally gave up...a small plastic ratchet lever for the spool feed snapped and while I could have got a replacement it was about £12 delivered so why not take the opportunity to upgrade to cordless

Found this at Screwfix for £60 incl the battery/charger and very pleased with it so far as it does the job nicely

C26FO5S.jpg
Note battery not attached, its charging when I took pic, took 15mins to go from I guess ~60% factory charge to 100%

Although I'm sick of my corded Black and Decker constantly needing its spool fixing, I was going to sweat it for another summer. You just cost me £60.

Caporegime
Really like it :) keep an eye on the creative b-stock page, I set a stock alert on there and it came back in stock reasonably quickly.

IT says refurbished on the sticker, not a mark on it or the box :) Very happy!

I've been after something a little more beefy to drive my HD650s and picked up one of these. Seem a pretty decent amount of hardware for the price. Can't find anything else to beat it.

Mine looked brand new.

Still not amazed by the positional audio, people rave about it, maybe it's just me.

Associate
Yes I saw this and noped out of the tab after seeing the price. The dpad on the elite is a disc too, even worse!

I took the plunge......The whole thing is a rugged bugger and IMO worth the £150, the "Disc" is much more tactile than the original pad and can be swapped to the original. Everything that can be swapped is magnetic, even the levers underneath that can be mapped for any other button you choose. The rechargeable battery lasts forever as well.

GErmFKE.jpg GErmFKE.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I took the plunge......The whole thing is a rugged bugger and IMO worth the £150, the "Disc" is much more tactile than the original pad and can be swapped to the original. Everything that can be swapped is magnetic, even the levers underneath that can be mapped for any other button you choose. The rechargeable battery lasts forever as well.

GErmFKE.jpg GErmFKE.jpg

Ok this I was not aware of and the engineering involved with those swappable bits is impressive (even if simple and reminds me of the magnetic buttons on my G902 mouse!). I'll see how this one fairs and hopefully by the time it wears away, I'll have a next gen console anyway whether from MS or Sony.

Caporegime
With many comparable (so far) cordless strimmers going for £120+ with battery/charger, you could say I've saved you £60 :D
Yes that's a good point! Anyway I bought it and I'm bloody impressed!

I can tell this is going to be like having a cordless hoover, where you're much more inclined to just pick it up and have a quick strim here and there.

Getting the other one out with the extension cord, plugging it in, sorting the spool etc., was an almighty faff. And it was heavy and noisy.

So yes, thanks for saving me £60! I'm almost tempted to go onto Screwfix and leave a review, something I never do. Thank goodness for cheap Chinese electronics ('MacAllister' lol).

Soldato
C8-A7-D8-AB-170-B-47-B6-A93-D-7704-FF50333-B.jpg

F4-E7-F11-F-D235-40-E1-A5-D5-DA9-A612-BE589.jpg

Arrived today for my son :)

Underboss
How does a new keyboard and mouse streamline your workflow??

It can connect to multiple devices and switch with a click of a button. So of the x3 systems I have on my desk I now only need one keyboard and one mouse, not 3 of each creating clutter.

It can also copy and paste using logitech flow, across all 3 so no having to use a file sharing app.

So workflow is streamlined.

Maybe he was on a typewriter before?

I requested a quill and ink but was overruled.

Back
Top Bottom