LG c9 OLED

Caporegime
So my trusty old Panasonic plasma has finally bitten the dust. Turned it on this morning, worked fine. Went to make myself a cup of coffee and came back, screen off with a red light blinking. Turned it off and unplugged it but nope it’s done for :(.
Farewell my old friend, almost 10 yrs I’ve had that tv and it’s been good as gold.

So now looking to buy a new tv and it’s looking more and more likely that it will be the LG 55 c9 model which is 1249 at richer sounds and currys. Both come with a 5 yr warranty but not sure if I should buy from richer or currys. Missus is saying currys as they do a buy now pay 12mths later finance and richer do 10mths rather than 12 mths.
Decisions decisions lol.

Soldato
So my trusty old Panasonic plasma has finally bitten the dust. Turned it on this morning, worked fine. Went to make myself a cup of coffee and came back, screen off with a red light blinking. Turned it off and unplugged it but nope it’s done for :(.
Farewell my old friend, almost 10 yrs I’ve had that tv and it’s been good as gold.

So now looking to buy a new tv and it’s looking more and more likely that it will be the LG 55 c9 model which is 1249 at richer sounds and currys. Both come with a 5 yr warranty but not sure if I should buy from richer or currys. Missus is saying currys as they do a buy now pay 12mths later finance and richer do 10mths rather than 12 mths.
Decisions decisions lol.

Exactly the same journey I took to the LG 55. Had a Pana Plasma before, for ten years, and then it started running really noisily. I used that as an excuse to upgrade. I was hoping to be impressed with the new picture, but in truth I was blown away.

Don't suppose you can use Costco? They have it for £100 cheaper. Also, isn't the Richer warranty 6 years?

Soldato

Decisions decisions lol.

Could try price matching. Richer sounds price matched my C9 brought last Week + beat it. So get Richer sounds to price match Costco or right now Sevenoaks sound and vision (GDSAVE100 code as per there site): https://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/p-43037-lg-oled55c9pla-55-4k-uhd-oled-tv.aspx + £20 off top for price match and it will be £1129 from RS with there 6 years warranty. There price beat means any TV £1000-£3000 they match then knock £20 off: https://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat used that when grabbing my C9, in fact guy applied it without me asking.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Exactly the same journey I took to the LG 55. Had a Pana Plasma before, for ten years, and then it started running really noisily. I used that as an excuse to upgrade. I was hoping to be impressed with the new picture, but in truth I was blown away.

Don't suppose you can use Costco? They have it for £100 cheaper. Also, isn't the Richer warranty 6 years?

Haha well it’s bought now, did pop to my local Costco and they had it up for £1271 but they don’t do a finance. So just ordered it from richer sounds on a BNPL 10mth deal. I would have paid outright for it but at the moment things are pretty tight. Missus isn’t working as due to the COVID-19 situation as she is a dentist. So we have 10mths in which to put money aside then pay it off.

Could try price matching. Richer sounds price matched my C9 brought last Week + beat it. So get Richer sounds to price match Costco or right now Sevenoaks sound and vision (GDSAVE100 code as per there site): https://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/p-43037-lg-oled55c9pla-55-4k-uhd-oled-tv.aspx + £20 off top for price match and it will be £1129 from RS with there 6 years warranty. There price beat means any TV £1000-£3000 they match then knock £20 off: https://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat used that when grabbing my C9, in fact guy applied it without me asking.

Yeh unfortunately I didn’t see your message till now :(. But it’s been ordered so not a huge issue really.
Edit: actually going to call them and see if they will honour a price match.

Soldato
Haha well it’s bought now, did pop to my local Costco and they had it up for £1271 but they don’t do a finance. So just ordered it from richer sounds on a BNPL 10mth deal. I would have paid outright for it but at the moment things are pretty tight. Missus isn’t working as due to the COVID-19 situation as she is a dentist. So we have 10mths in which to put money aside then pay it off.

Yeh unfortunately I didn’t see your message till now :(. But it’s been ordered so not a huge issue really.

https://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat They will refund you the difference for up to 7 days after purchase. Would touch base with them and save yourself £100+

Caporegime
https://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat They will refund you the difference for up to 7 days after purchase. Would touch base with them and save yourself £100+
Cheers mate, I’ve just called them so the guy who sold me the tv will be contacting me. At end of day it’s £100 which isn’t a lot but still it’s something.
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll have to remind myself to check any replies before I buy :p

Caporegime
Ok well they have honoured the price match so refunded me £100 from my deposit.
They said because it’s a finance they don’t normally do it but they would on this occasion.
Superb customer service by Richer sounds.

Soldato
Anybody here use Nvidia Shield Pro with their C9 ? Need help with colour settings, dont have a clue how to set it up :o
ISF Dark or brightroom depending on your lighting conditions with all processing turned off and Warm 2 white balance is the standard setting for SDR, Cinema for HDR again with all processing disabled.

Soldato
Ok well they have honoured the price match so refunded me £100 from my deposit.
They said because it’s a finance they don’t normally do it but they would on this occasion.
Superb customer service by Richer sounds.

Oh yeah just checked the own link I provided you, don't price match finance options :p Don't ask don't get, superb result IMO, £100 in your pocket, 6 year warranty with them, win win IMO.

Associate
ISF Dark or brightroom depending on your lighting conditions with all processing turned off and Warm 2 white balance is the standard setting for SDR, Cinema for HDR again with all processing disabled.
Sorry I meant on shield side, all this 8, 10 and 12 bit.... I have no clue :o

Caporegime
Oh yeah just checked the own link I provided you, don't price match finance options :p Don't ask don't get, superb result IMO, £100 in your pocket, 6 year warranty with them, win win IMO.
It is indeed so a happy bunny I am.
Just got confirmation that it will be with me tomo by 12. Haven’t been this excited since...I got a new bbq last mth :p.

Gonna have to read and watch some videos on how to get the best out of it.

Soldato
It is indeed so a happy bunny I am.
Just got confirmation that it will be with me tomo by 12. Haven’t been this excited since...I got a new bbq last mth :p.

Gonna have to read and watch some videos on how to get the best out of it.

Currys price match too and you can enter the 1 in 20 competition to win the price of your TV but alas too late plus if with Quidco you would have got £70 cashback.

Although just looked at Currys and its £1249.

Caporegime
Currys price match too and you can enter the 1 in 20 competition to win the price of your TV but alas too late plus if with Quidco you would have got £70 cashback.

Although just looked at Currys and its £1249.
Yeh I had a look at currys but after last experience with them, I won’t be buying any TVs from them.
Richer sounds were under no obligation to give me £100 back but they did and I’m pretty happy with that.

Soldato
Yeah fair enough I've had opposite no issue with Curry's just encountered problems with Richer Sounds after care sales they are ready to sell the item and accommodate you with discount etc but when you arrange collection or are waiting for them to contact you its not so good and after care sales eg if something goes wrong leaves a lot to be desired. Might not be like it in other branches but the Leeds one have had bad experiences and also observed others having problems.

Caporegime
Well new tv has arrived, unboxed and set it up. Obviously got to play with some settings etc but I’ll do that later.

So far so good, not a fan of that crappy remote though and the stupid pointer thing when you set it up. I mean LG could have supplied a better remote, even my panny plasma which it’s replaced had a better remote lol.

Is there anything I should be looking for?? I haven’t seen any dead pixels from my brief look at it. Unless there is something ie a program that shows dead pixels??

Any tips that I should be doing when setting it up??

Back
Top Bottom