• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can't see it but i'll agree to disagree before i start going round in circles with it.

What i will agree to agree is Radeon VII was a very short run, a fat bloated workstation card quickly rebranded to put "something, anything...." on the market to draw some attention away from Turing, yes a marketing stunt. It was quickly replaced by the much smaller more efficient 5700XT and yes they are near identical in performance.

Just work backwards from Ampere. We know Ampere is 826mm2 with 54.2 billion transistors on a 7nm+ process. This process gives a 15 to 20% density improvement over 7nm.

I will let you work out.

Soldato
You know what? I just spend about 15 minutes typing a reply but I'm just not going to bother. I will say though that if you're so eager to have evidence to support every aspect of discussion, I strongly recommend you just leave this thread because there is no evidence to support anything posted here. it is, after all, a rumour thread.

Oh and by the way, the absence of larger RDNA 1 cards on the market does not confirm your theory about zero intention any more than it confirms my theory of limitations.

Occam's razer. The simple explanation is usually the correct one.

All the leaks had Navi 2x as the high end cards, which we now know meant RDNA 2 not RDNA 1. And we do know that AMD has done this before with Polaris and Vega.

This is a rumour thread, about the future products. But, what we were discussing has already happened. And there is no evidence of any big RDNA 1 cards been cancelled. AMD cancelling cards would be a big news, much bigger than a simple respin.

And you are wrong, my theory has actually come to pass. There is no high end RDNA 1 card. If you show me something that suggests AMD cancelled the high end RDNA 1 cards, I will accept that I was wrong.

You can reply if you want, but I am not going around in circles with this anymore. I will only be replying if you post evidence of cancelled cards.

Until then, back to the speculation on the future. :)

Soldato
If you show me something that suggests AMD cancelled the high end RDNA 1 cards, I will accept that I was wrong.
I have offered suggestions, but you wanted hard evidence instead. I'm not accusing you of being wrong and I correct. So no, I'm not going in circles with this either, RDNA 2 coming out renders speculation of history moot. If my belief is correct then it's a real shame because the market was robbed of serious competition 12 months ago, so let's just hope half of what's coming out now proves to be true so Nvidia can face a battle for a change.

Not that it's going to affect pricing in any way, of course.

Soldato
Leaked image not sure how true this is tbh

EZdco6VXQAESZ_o

Soldato
If that is a legit AMD slide, it's a purely internal one, and unofficial one at that. Even for internal comms AMD will have standardised brand templates for their slides.

There's also no information on that slide either. GDDR6 interface? Well of course there is, but how big an interface? By extension how much VRAM? What are the core and VRAM clocks?

Smells...um...fishy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom