LG C9 pc - gaming and movie settings ?

Associate
Hi guys, I just bought this fantastic Tv, so yeah im a first time very proud OLED owner, and their is no way im going back :)

Im wondering about some settings. If using the Pc input, many options for movies are blacked out. If using e.x game console I got all picture options, same for you ?

Btw, I use Kodi from my pc. And I also have to disable instant game mode everytime watching movies as it kicks in. Annyway around it and how do you have it set up?

Do you recommend I just use game console - HDMI Input then, and is it best to use YUV 4.2.2 or should it be enought with RGB 4.4.4?

Soldato
I'd recommend naming your PC connection to "PC" so it can do 4:4:4. In game co sole mode it locks the image to 4:2:2 so it looks blurry

Soldato
I disagree, it only affects text on the desktop, it doesn't affect movies, TV shows or even most games.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling

It does on mine. I sit 1.5m from my screen and I can tell the difference in games (not just text) but actual textures like gun models, character clothing etc. I did do some comparison photos before but deleted them, maybe I'll take some more so you can that games get more blurry in console mode.

Associate
OP
I posted mine a while ago search my username and parameter ie colour should find it

Thanks Lot, will do. Appreciated

I'd recommend naming your PC connection to "PC" so it can do 4:4:4. In game co sole mode it locks the image to 4:2:2 so it looks blurry

Well on the C9, their is allready Pc Input - HDMI
mode, so you dont have to name it as it is allready
I know about the 4.4.4 vs 4.2.2 etc. But I cant see any fuzzy text on - Consol Game Mode - HDMI Input.

And as I said, I will loose a lot of picture options in hdmi - pc input.
Played around with different inputs last night, and there is no way to use pc input for a pc, that also should serve as a media player, in my case Kodi, as said many picture options are greyed out. E.x I cant use Real Cinema and Peak and AI Brightness!

Dont you guys know this?
Or dont you use your pc for movie playing?
As IMO, using pc mode is useless unless you only have it for gaming/browsing!

But as I dont have any media player, and never will use the C9 for work/browsing - have my PG27Q, monitor for that. Seems like I just have to use consol input of choice!

But what about the instant game response. Do you have it enables all the time?

Btw, great info about 4.4.4 vs 4.2.2 over here!
Not that it matter to me tho as said, as I have no other choice then going with consol input. Or change hdmi input when pc game, but thats to much hassle I think

"Actually, the trick is to use PC mode + Deep Color enabled (a setting which has changed names somewhat through the years). At least thats how it has been on my E6, C7 and GX. Assume it's the same on the 77" C8 but that's in the living room so not too much text processing going on there. And yes, I do love my OLEDs"

https://hardforum.com/threads/lg-48cx.1991077/page-38

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom