McDonald's and sheeple

Soldato
Sausage & Egg McMuffin, now you're talking.

I did try to make my own a while back when I grabbed a ******** of sausage meat from Sainsbury's (yellow stickered all the way down to 10p a pack). Used a cooking ring to ensure the patty and the egg were uniform in size for the muffin. They worked out OK.

We did this last weekend, turned out pretty darn good :)

Soldato
He's right though. What he's said has actually been backed up by scientific studies.

You have two burger vans at a festival. The one on the right is a headed up by a secret michellin star chef, the one on the left is using the cheapest lowest grade ingredients you can find cooked by a man who's never worked in a burger van before.
Then you get 50 actors to form a queue at the left hand side van.

Guess where people generally navigate towards.

People assume the masses know something they don't.

The day before lockdown the mcdonalds drive through near me had a queue of cars tailing back right round the shopping centre, back onto the main road and all the way down to the bypass roundabout. It was well over an hours queue, if not more. You see a few cars queue, then more, then more, it's because people love joining in. There will be some of those people waiting who don't really like mcdonalds, or certainly wasn't planning on having one.

Do you have a link to the scientific experiment regarding the burger van?

What you have described isn't an example of people being "more docile and perhaps a bit gullible" which is what the poster referred to as people being sheeple. You have described normal human behaviour; if someone yawns then you yawn, if someone is looking up then you look up to see what they're looking at.

Basically, the OP has observed behaviour they don't fully understand because it's not something they would do themselves. Rather than think about it in any meaningful detail, they've dismissed these people in a condescending way. That itself is indicative of common human behaviour, the foundation of ignorance and bigotry, really.

The OP is the type of sherson who thinks they're different from everyone else. :)

Soldato
Guess where people generally navigate towards.
People assume the masses know something they don't.
Might work that way at festivals, but generally at events where there's van catering, people seem to either express a preference if the food is different, or just go join the shortest queue if the food is the same.
Might just be the sorts of events I go to... Oven fired pizza is usually the big winner, unless there's a Polish place doing kopytka and pierogi. Burgers are awesome, unless there's a hog roast.

"Sausage muffin" sounds like the sort of euphemism OCUK forum users could embrace...
Could?
I thought it was already a legal requirement...

Bet it tastes better if you make it yourself. :D
See previous page. We already have... and yes it does.

Soldato
Could?
I thought it was already a legal requirement...

Which is the correct usage please?

1) "Look at her wiggle - you can tell she's a right little sausage muffin"

2) "They say it's all a front and really he's a closet sausage muffin"; or

3) "I've only got 10 minutes - if you're already shaved and lubed up we could manage a quick sausage muffin"

Soldato
That itself is indicative of common human behaviour, the foundation of ignorance and bigotry, really.

The OP is the type of person who thinks they're different from everyone else. :)

They are, they have a rare commodity these days i.e.commonsense. If as you claim it is indicative of the common human behaviour, the foundation of ignorance and bigotry, then long may it continue. Did anyone see the massive queues at McDonalds in Bucksburn, Aberdeen yesterday? Total and utter madness. If you watch History 101 on Netflix there's a feature on fast food outlets. In one clip it shows the first McDonalds to open in Moscow. The clip features a women being interviewed about why she is queuing and she replies she thought because everyone else was queuing she thought there must be a bargain to be had so joined the queue. She had no idea folk were queing for a burger.

Soldato
The only time I eat a mcdonald's is when I got to see the wife's family up north and we stop along the way. I do like it but could just be as I am starving hungry and want something quick. I wouldn't want it more than a few times a year.

*edit* I don't like all the crap that comes in the normal burgers. I always get 3 plain hamburgers and chips :D Yup I am weird.

Soldato
Different from everyone else, because they have a "rare" commodity; "common" sense.

You might want to think about that for a minute. ;)

You're quite right "Common" sense has unfortunately decayed into it's own misnomer due to the general population becoming dumber.

TBH it's now at the stage where I believe that all warnings signs, all Health & Safety materials etc should be removed and we let nature take it's course.

Soldato
Haven't had a MacDonald in years, don't really understand the appeal. :confused:
That's good. The appeal is convenience - rather than having to go home to cook, you pay someone else to cook it for you.

Can't believe the appeal needs explaining to another fully grown adult really - it's not particularly my cup of tea, but I'm able to comprehend why others might like it.

Back
Top Bottom