Removing old devices from your Google / Play account?

Soldato
Hi guys,

As above. I think something has changed because you used to be able just to remove them, indeterminately. Then I remember reading something about unused devices on your account being automatically removed after a set period of time, 90 days I recall?

123.png

Anyway, this is a snapshot of some of the devices I use and have used in the past year. The Xiaomi for example is long gone and hasn't been used for well over 90 days and yet it is still showing on my account. I think I've managed to stop it appearing on my drop-down list every time I buy/add a new app etc., but I'd like it gone altogether really...

Thoughts?

Soldato
OP
I've only been able to "hide" them. Searched high and low recently to find what you want, but had no luck.
Thanks! I think it was possible, as of around 2/3 years ago - I had around 5/6 Galaxy's at one point for one reason or another and I remember being able to actually delete them from my account after I'd finished with them.

I don't think it's possible then.

Soldato
Yes, you definitely were able to remove them in the past as I had about 6 Pixel 2XLs before I got one without issues and they were removed I *think* by me. None of my previous devices prior to 2018 are visible.

Associate
It is quite funny seeing this thread i cleared my account just the other day. some 14 phones/3 tablets lol, you can do it and i did ti with ease.
Where it shows hide ect on the pic above on my account i have remove i did that for the devices and also i had to do the same with credit cards ect.

Soldato
OP
It is quite funny seeing this thread i cleared my account just the other day. some 14 phones/3 tablets lol, you can do it and i did ti with ease.
Where it shows hide ect on the pic above on my account i have remove i did that for the devices and also i had to do the same with credit cards ect.
I definitely don't appear to have remove as an option, just Edit and Update - from memory...

Soldato

That option isn't there for me or anyone I know, got a screenshot?

Back
Top Bottom