LG c9 OLED

Associate
Guess I will write in this thread also, as im just so d*mn happy finaly owning an OLED. Cant belive how good the C9 is. It's a marvel for gaming and movies. I had superhigh expectations after reading everything about it. Let me tell you; it is by far better then I ever could imagined. This is the 8'th wonder of the world in tv tech -OLED, for sure :)
Well enough of my ramblings. Back to play around with settings and stuff :)

Caporegime
Ok so maybe I’m missing something but on my old 1080p plasma when watching sky, it never filled the screen from edge to edge.
But on the C9 whatever channel I watch the picture fills the screen.

So it’s probably me being dense as usual but is that normal?? Lol. Tbf I haven’t really played much with the settings out of the box. Don’t get me wrong, love the screen but if it’s meant to be like that then perhaps it’s me that needs to get used to a full picture.
When watching Netflix/Disney+ it automatically changes to a letter box picture.

Soldato
Ok so maybe I’m missing something but on my old 1080p plasma when watching sky, it never filled the screen from edge to edge.
But on the C9 whatever channel I watch the picture fills the screen.

So it’s probably me being dense as usual but is that normal?? Lol. Tbf I haven’t really played much with the settings out of the box. Don’t get me wrong, love the screen but if it’s meant to be like that then perhaps it’s me that needs to get used to a full picture.
When watching Netflix/Disney+ it automatically changes to a letter box picture.
So your last telly... Didn't use all of its screen?

Yes the screen should all be used... Unless you're watching 4:3 content (lots of old Disney I expect, and 80s/90s TV)

Caporegime
So your last telly... Didn't use all of its screen?

Yes the screen should all be used... Unless you're watching 4:3 content (lots of old Disney I expect, and 80s/90s TV)
To be honest it was over 10 yrs old and was a 46”. But yeh most of the time it was in a letterbox screen.

Ive just had a look round on YouTube and yeh I’m just being dense lol.

I suppose coming from 46” screen to a screen nearly 10” bigger is going to take time getting used to lol.

Soldato
To be honest it was over 10 yrs old and was a 46”. But yeh most of the time it was in a letterbox screen.

Ive just had a look round on YouTube and yeh I’m just being dense lol.

I suppose coming from 46” screen to a screen nearly 10” bigger is going to take time getting used to lol.
Every single new TV I get, I upgrade size and think "I could've fit more in that space"... 55" was the first time I didn't :D

Caporegime
Every single new TV I get, I upgrade size and think "I could've fit more in that space"... 55" was the first time I didn't :D
Haha yeh my missus when I showed her the tv in Costco, looked at it and said too small for the front room. She wanted a 65” version and I was like yeh and you won’t be able to see outside the front window lol. Said 55” is going to be more than enough, still didn’t believe me so said if you really don’t want it then I’ll exchange it for the 65” version.

Now that we have it, she goes to me today...next time I’ll listen to you as you know best ;).

Soldato
Haha yeh my missus when I showed her the tv in Costco, looked at it and said too small for the front room. She wanted a 65” version and I was like yeh and you won’t be able to see outside the front window lol. Said 55” is going to be more than enough, still didn’t believe me so said if you really don’t want it then I’ll exchange it for the 65” version.

Now that we have it, she goes to me today...next time I’ll listen to you as you know best ;).

Funnily enough I've gone from a 58" to 65" and less than a week later we hardly notice the difference. The wife was worried the new TV would be too big when I measured iut the additional screen size. Maybe it's the design of the E9 with its floating glass screen, but it got me thinking I could have gotten away with a bigger TV. Next time it will be 77" :D

Soldato
It's here and it's epic (65C9). Only slight niggle is the Sonos Beam sound bar in front of it blocks about 1cm of the bottom of the screen - need to find some kind of plinth (or make one) to raise the TV slightly

Soldato
Sadly can’t see it appearing in mine. Keen for this one as it will sort last piece of the puzzle in that it will be able to pass through LCPM from devices like the PC through TV to AV receiver. Means I should be able to use VRR on tv higher refresh rate / resolution GPS with 2.1 when they come out, but also all the channels open my receiver.

Associate
Can anyone do a test for me.

On pc, sdr mode, game console input name. What brightness do you need to set the TV at to be able to see the first black box on the lagom lcd test website under black level test?

I need brightness 55. I ask as I mainly see recommendations for brightness 50 and 55 is quite a bit more.

On the built in apps, brightness 50 is perfect.

Soldato
Sadly can’t see it appearing in mine. Keen for this one as it will sort last piece of the puzzle in that it will be able to pass through LCPM from devices like the PC through TV to AV receiver. Means I should be able to use VRR on tv higher refresh rate / resolution GPS with 2.1 when they come out, but also all the channels open my receiver.
I flashed it from USB, no issues, glad that the PCM eARC bug is finally fixed, I'm all ready for PS5 now.

Back
Top Bottom