Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

C64

C64

Soldato
at first i was quite hyped but this wont stand up if its just remastering it will feel incredibly out of date gameplay wise
generals is the one they should have remastered

Associate
at first i was quite hyped but this wont stand up if its just remastering it will feel incredibly out of date gameplay wise
generals is the one they should have remastered

No thanks one of my least favorite c&c's don't get me wrong it a good game but doesn't hold a candle to red alert or c&c1 even better is red alert 2 ;)

I still have the big box versions of all the old west wood games. ;)

Associate
Tbf, once you've played Openra, going back to any of them is hard with the lack of hotkeys, settings and other QOL improvements. But the remaster should be including many of these, some we've already seen.

Soldato
Does anyone know if this can be added into the OpenRA library? OpenRA has a great multiplayer lobby, better yet, if the game has it's own lobby that works!

Associate
Does anyone know if this can be added into the OpenRA library? OpenRA has a great multiplayer lobby, better yet, if the game has it's own lobby that works!

What do you mean specifically?
They are both different engines, the only similarity is the images.

The PVP in the remaster has been rebalanced and adjusted though, so will be different to the original. How much, we don't know yet.

Soldato
What do you mean specifically?
They are both different engines, the only similarity is the images.

The PVP in the remaster has been rebalanced and adjusted though, so will be different to the original. How much, we don't know yet.
Tiberium sun, Redalert and Dune games are added to the open ra gui so you can play online and easily find multiplayer games.
I guess time will tell (harhar!) if the remaster will be added for OpenRA support. Gameplay rebalances will be the make or break

Associate
Tiberium sun, Redalert and Dune games are added to the open ra gui so you can play online and easily find multiplayer games.
I guess time will tell (harhar!) if the remaster will be added for OpenRA support. Gameplay rebalances will be the make or break

Nice pun xD

IIRC the lead dev on openra said they won't be using the new images from the remaster. Is that what you meant?
I seem to recall that he also said that something along the lines the single player base for openra was rather big, versus pvp. So the remaster will be taking and keeping many single player players i expect.
But the timing is not fully in favour of the remaster, as openra has Shattered Paradise, Tiberium Sun coming very close to multiplayer testing, and an RA2 mod called Romanov's Vengence.

Back
Top Bottom