• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Same for me. I have a SoundBlaster AE-5 and if I use anything other than 2 channel output options ReLive doesn't work. Been like this for the past few driver iterations.

It seems that if you Enable Separate Mic Track you can leave Audio Channels on Automatic. Thus Recording will work. So the issue appears to stem from Separate Mic Track having a negative effect on Audio Channels which causes Recording to only work if you either:
A. Change it to Stereo.
B. Change win10 audio settings to Stereo (which doesn't work as on reboot it reverts back to 5.1 do to audio device requirements)

The issue can be mitigated/circumvented with the use of Microsoft's Store variant of DTS Unbound/Dolby Acesss as that required and forced Stereo in win10 through Spatial Sound.

Temporary Solution:
Enable Separate Mic Track.
Hope that RTG is capable of fixing the issue.

Soldato
Had issue lately with x4 not going to 75fps in main menu, found the problem was aoc driver for the monitor as once i uninstalled it after having tried numerous attempts with cfg files and amd driver settings, it was that, so im now using "generic pnp monitor" driver from ms, now instead of the aoc one.

And i think its making freesync finally work as before with vsync off in x4 i had bad tearing even tho in range. With the non aoc monitor driver, but ms one i barely get tearing, tho some times i do cos it fluctuates under 48fps erratically due to the game being a bit messy with fps on stations.

Also double clicking on utube vids is more instant than before where it could take a sec or two to switch. from a panel to fullscreen of a utube vid playing.

If it is working better now, then god grief, its not always best to use a manufacturers driver for the monitor. lol.

Last edited:
Associate
20.4.2 WHQL since they were out, only played Hitman though, that was a game I had no issues with anyway. No crashes so far.

Windows Update said:
The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time.

No driver support for whatever MS have planned :eek: which I'm sure will be as painless as every other Windows Update in the past :)

Associate
Is there an easy way to roll back drivers?

Ever since updating to 20.5.2 (I think) last week my inbuilt speakers on my monitor are no longer working. Well, they're shown as disconnected which they're not because I still have video (all ran via the DP).

This has happened once before and rectified itself. But its really ******* me off now how AMD keep screwing stuff like this up as I'm left without audio yet again.

Soldato
Just updated to the latest WHQL drivers and noticed my idle power consumption is at 37W, clock speed idles around 784 MHz and temps sit around 63C... is this normal at 144Hz desktop settings?

Soldato
Just updated to the latest WHQL drivers and noticed my idle power consumption is at 37W, clock speed idles around 784 MHz and temps sit around 63C... is this normal at 144Hz desktop settings?

Is your memory downclocking?

I am on the same drivers and GPU clock is 782Mhz and VRAM clock is 200Mhz, power consumption is 9W. Idle temp is 43c.

Associate
My memory sits at 1750 and my core at 700, with 33w power comsumption when my monitor is set to 165hz. I fi set it to 60hz, my clocks drop and so does the power to 9w.

I assumed this was normal.

Soldato
My memory sits at 1750 and my core at 700, with 33w power comsumption when my monitor is set to 165hz. I fi set it to 60hz, my clocks drop and so does the power to 9w.

It's fluctuating on use?

Exactly the same result for me.

Associate
I installed 20.5.1 last week and within hours was being hit with regular black screen crashes that had not been occuring since I installed my 5700 XT back in April. The BSC were occuring so often I had to remove my 5700 XT and go back to my old R9 290 X for the moment.

prior to that 20.5.1 update, I had been running on 20.4.1 with no problems at all (not that I recall), so I did try rolling back to 20.4.1, using both DDU and AMD's own clean uninstall utilty but this made no difference. The BSC now seems to be baked into my system, no matter which earlier drivers I try, happening regularly in a way that it was not before updating to 20.5.1

This makes me wonder, is there anything that gets left behind in spite of using clean uninstall utilities ? There have been no Windows updates close enough to the switch to 20.5.1 that would therefore make me consider they are the problem. Does the BSC itself screw up something that doesn't get resolved with a clean driver reinstall ? It's very odd I can't get my system post 20.5.1, back to how it was prior to that.

Associate
I installed 20.5.1 last week and within hours was being hit with regular black screen crashes that had not been occuring since I installed my 5700 XT back in April. The BSC were occuring so often I had to remove my 5700 XT and go back to my old R9 290 X for the moment.

prior to that 20.5.1 update, I had been running on 20.4.1 with no problems at all (not that I recall), so I did try rolling back to 20.4.1, using both DDU and AMD's own clean uninstall utilty but this made no difference. The BSC now seems to be baked into my system, no matter which earlier drivers I try, happening regularly in a way that it was not before updating to 20.5.1

This makes me wonder, is there anything that gets left behind in spite of using clean uninstall utilities ? There have been no Windows updates close enough to the switch to 20.5.1 that would therefore make me consider they are the problem. Does the BSC itself screw up something that doesn't get resolved with a clean driver reinstall ? It's very odd I can't get my system post 20.5.1, back to how it was prior to that.

Only way to be sure is to do a clean install, only takes 15minutes (if you have a spare drive), then see if the drivers work. Have you tried a different display port cable/socket? How old is the PSU?

Back
Top Bottom