Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Go for a USB-C hub with PD in that case. USB-C is backwards compatible with TB3 ports so it'll work the same, just with less bandwidth. In honesty TB3 only really shines if you're using SSD external storage/external GPUs etc, stuff that requires the mega bandwidth it can utilise.

Cheap 10GBe networking too if you happen to have a couple of devices with TB3 ports in. Very handy :D

Soldato
Some Aftershokz Xtrainerz for tunes while swimming and cycling, impressed so far.

I love mine for cycling, makes a huge difference over in ear ones. I even find them clearer when moving at speed, than in ear. With in ear the wind noise drowns out the audio, but with these the audio is still quite clear. I had a similar experience making a phone call too. With these the other person could hear less wind and hear me nice and clear.

Soldato
Yup. It's my first purchase from them, but I'm definitely not seeing it be my last. I really enjoy food and cooking, so it's definitely worth the investment. A huge amount of their range is pointless to me though, so I'd never purchase stuff like crepe pans, casserole dishes, etc. A lot of their little trinket items are pretty cool too, although some things like spatulas appear to be like the snake oil power cables in another part of these forums. :D
When moving into my first flat last year the kitchen was a place where I didn't skimp. Asked for contributions towards a classic casserole from le creuset for Christmas which was eventually £250 but I can see it really lasting decades and it's a pleasure to use. Worth it if you love being in the kitchen!

Soldato
Laying some cabling wasn't an option so took a risk on some powerline adapters which I know can be hit with the quality of the circuity and electrical noise etc but so far I've got lucky with the WiFi - 498Mbps in the living room which is closest to the lan adapter, and 286Mbps in the bedroom, the one furthest away. Quite impressed that I'm thinking about adding another one .

svkmf17m.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Yup. It's my first purchase from them, but I'm definitely not seeing it be my last. I really enjoy food and cooking, so it's definitely worth the investment. A huge amount of their range is pointless to me though, so I'd never purchase stuff like crepe pans, casserole dishes, etc. A lot of their little trinket items are pretty cool too, although some things like spatulas appear to be like the snake oil power cables in another part of these forums. :D

Tesco go cook Range is good for most baking tins, I admit if you plan to do a lot of baking you may want something better, for me though it works just fine i do use grease proof to line the tin though

Soldato
When moving into my first flat last year the kitchen was a place where I didn't skimp. Asked for contributions towards a classic casserole from le creuset for Christmas which was eventually £250 but I can see it really lasting decades and it's a pleasure to use. Worth it if you love being in the kitchen!

Exactly my thinking. Expensive to buy but certainly good value in the long term.

Tesco go cook Range is good for most baking tins, I admit if you plan to do a lot of baking you may want something better, for me though it works just fine i do use grease proof to line the tin though

I do plan to try out some baking, but the amount I'd do really wouldn't warrant an expensive purchase. I'll keep your suggestion in mind. I do however fancy a small frying/sauce pan from LC though. :)

Soldato
Im pretty clueless about nutrition but thought a supplement wouldn't hurt ,used 50 percent codes .used to eat 3 eggs for breakfast when i was just veggie ,but tbh my muscle mass has increased according to smart scales ,anyway got a chocolate sampler first ,have been blitzing with frozen fruit

IMG-20200606-132858.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
My last watercooling build was a fun project but hugely overkill for what I needed, my brother was in desperate need of a new rig so I let him have it for a decent price. I've put together a more modest rig with the usual VFM parts > 3600x from MM (£140), 16GB 3600 C16 RAM (£93), Red Devil 5700 XT (£399), MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX (£105). Then I spent a little more on cooling as I wanted a silent PC on idle and it's one area I'm happy to overspec. Dark Rock Pro 4, 2 140 SW3 at the front and 2 120 SW2 for exhaust.

Went all black in the Meshify C.

blackbox-1.jpg

blackbox-2.jpg

blackbox-3.jpg

blackbox-4.jpg

blackbox-5.jpg

Soldato
I love mine for cycling, makes a huge difference over in ear ones. I even find them clearer when moving at speed, than in ear. With in ear the wind noise drowns out the audio, but with these the audio is still quite clear. I had a similar experience making a phone call too. With these the other person could hear less wind and hear me nice and clear.

Really liking them so far, can't wait to use them in the pool. Silly money for them to be honest but as long as they last a while I'll be happy :)

Man of Honour
a few networking bits (post install)

5-Port Desktop Gigabit Switch - on the back of my desk thus potato cam

L7FOE8em.jpg

& Unifi AP-AC-LR mounted on the landing - upgrade from an AP-LR to get 802.11 ac through the house.
w63XbIGm.jpg
HDplfrIm.png.jpg
not got round to working out multi level mapping...

Soldato
My last watercooling build was a fun project but hugely overkill for what I needed, my brother was in desperate need of a new rig so I let him have it for a decent price. I've put together a more modest rig with the usual VFM parts > 3600x from MM (£140), 16GB 3600 C16 RAM (£93), Red Devil 5700 XT (£399), MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX (£105). Then I spent a little more on cooling as I wanted a silent PC on idle and it's one area I'm happy to overspec. Dark Rock Pro 4, 2 140 SW3 at the front and 2 120 SW2 for exhaust.

Went all black in the Meshify C.

That is a beautiful build! Kudos to you! Looking at my own PC with a bit of envy now

Back
Top Bottom