Google Nest Hub Max - What to do?

Associate
Good evening.

I recieved my new upgrade today (pixel 4xl) and was suprised at the size of the package only to find a free nest hub max included! It was a nice surprise but I'm wondering if this is a bit of a gimmick?

We put it in the kitchen and obviously its nice to play spotify and make phone calls and ask silly questions but I don't see much other use bar buying cameras to link. I might consider the door bell kit.

So Im asking any other owners what they use it for and any tips for accuracy. What do you find yourself using it for most?

Associate
We use our Nest Hub primarily as a radio (most stations are on there), spotify player and kitchen aid. It is handy for setting kitchen timers and displaying recipes to follow (it even reads them out step by step), especially when hands are wet or covered in flour! We also use it for creating family shopping lists which my wife or I can then access on Google Keep and tick off when out doing the shopping.

Also don't forget that it is essentialy a chromecast so anyone can cast any media to it from their phone.

Like you say, bit of a gimmick but it has it's uses even if you don't have other smart devices to link it to.

Soldato
I have the smaller version for kitchen use too, mostly to play music while cooking, and it also acts as the oven timer. Other family members also use it for recipe guides. I sometimes cast videos to it as well, the kitchen is too small for a TV but this is small enough to fit without taking too much space.

Doorbell camera would have been handy for me as well, but unfortunately I'm already invested in Amazon's Ring doorbell, which sadly can't link to Google Home devices.

Back
Top Bottom