Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
My last watercooling build was a fun project but hugely overkill for what I needed, my brother was in desperate need of a new rig so I let him have it for a decent price. I've put together a more modest rig with the usual VFM parts > 3600x from MM (£140), 16GB 3600 C16 RAM (£93), Red Devil 5700 XT (£399), MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX (£105). Then I spent a little more on cooling as I wanted a silent PC on idle and it's one area I'm happy to overspec. Dark Rock Pro 4, 2 140 SW3 at the front and 2 120 SW2 for exhaust.

Went all black in the Meshify C.
Same as mine, DR4 in a Meshify. Was a bit of a fiddle getting it in as its pretty big (ooh err). ended up having to get lower profile ram in mine as it blocked 2 slots otherwise.

Caporegime
Looks solid.

The 3 different colour fence panels would drive me nuts.

I sat in it whilst screwing some boards in, it can take the weight of a few people i think.

The fence panel has been there for years, I don't even notice it anymore.

Should have bought some wood stain

Stain don't do anything for protection, all wood darken when weathered anyway.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Laying some cabling wasn't an option so took a risk on some powerline adapters which I know can be hit with the quality of the circuity and electrical noise etc but so far I've got lucky with the WiFi - 498Mbps in the living room which is closest to the lan adapter, and 286Mbps in the bedroom, the one furthest away. Quite impressed that I'm thinking about adding another one .

svkmf17m.jpg

I was interested in these and then I read the awful reviews about them on Amazon. They really do seem to have messed up with these models.

Soldato
I was interested in these and then I read the awful reviews about them on Amazon. They really do seem to have messed up with these models.

Yeah I read the reviews before purchasing.

Having taking the punt though and from acutally having them in place I'd have to say otherwise.

My main workstation is wired straight from my router, the rest are now fed from these. At best they're getting just shy of 500mbps at worst around 300mbps. The previous RBK50 Netgear Orbi mesh I had in place was good, but not this good.

Granted the technology can be affected by a lot of factors though so not everyone is gonna a fan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom