Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Soldato
20gb, is a drop in the ocean compared to some games these days.
I bought it, and started off on the GDI campaign last night. Really thought the graphics weren't better, until I went to original graphics... :D My retro rose tints were strong obviously.

Still the same game that I know and loved. Excellent.

Soldato
There seems to be a tendency now days from dev to not worry about resource efficiency its kind of "the hardware is there" to support it.

Probably very poorly compressed textures.

Soldato
14.8gb is the movies.

In that case thats awful, as the quality of them is horrible. They could likely compress it way more without any meaningful loss of detail.

I have been capturing game footage on my system lately, with much higher resolution and much longer videos and I have to capture quite a lot of footage to use up 15 gig.

Man of Honour
For anyone doing GDI 11A (Delphi), I just ignored the three turrets and took the grenadiers and MCV diagonally to the top right then towards the right and set up camp by the tib. There is only one light tank on the way which you can distract long enough to start the base. After sealing myself in (classic C&C :p) you can hoover up the resources and build up an army. There isn't a huge amount of tib so I stuck the game speed on highest and left it for a while and the field was back :D

Using Orcas to keep them at bay, hence the double wall as its easily blown up by mistake.

Couple of things to remember for old and new players...

- You can sell units by putting them on the repair bay and clicking the sell icon, it will turn green to show you will be selling the unit and not the repair bay itself.
- You can stop the AI rebuilding things if a unit is in the location its trying to rebuild. The AI is quite dumb and won't just rebuild it somewhere else.
- As shown above the AI won't attack wall, so use it to block them, you or civilians in/out of areas of the map.
- You can build off wall and there is no limit on how far the wall can be built. For example you could build a sandbag wall all the way to the other side of the map and extend you base from it. You don't need to keep all of the wall, you only need one in place to build off although it can be risky if it gets blown up by mistake as you'll have to start from the beginning again if so.
- Place Dr Mobius in an APC to protect him further if needed.
- Use the X key to spread troops out, stops them being squished so easily.
- Frequently save the game. About to attack their base in campaign? Save before doing so in case you need to build up more stuff or use another strategy.
- Single trees can be blown up if you need to build there. Force fire (hold ctrl down and click) and use rocket men or tanks to blow them up. Off the top of my head I don't think you can blow up the groups of trees you get in some places.

Any other tips?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom