• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Associate
@Gerard

Anyone tried one of these?

I have one in a box on my desktop even though my X570 Taichi is not in the approved list i figured it would be worth a punt.
I think from looking at it that the motherboards heat sink / cover / whatever looks like it will need to be removed and modified slighty to allow the modified position.
I got as far as thinking hmm a dremel may be useful, looked them up and the one i fancy is approx £100.
Somewhat annoying as could have borrowed one from work except for FURLOUGH!
Cant turn up at work, cant even turn on works phone or computer.

The best way to up your Ryzen clock speeds under load is lower your cpu temp so worth a go.

Soldato
hi all i got 4.425 on custom loop at 1.38v my temps are 70c under full load i have a couple of questions, is this voltage ok given the loop

Capture.png

Associate
I would say too high.
I do not all core overclock (except testing) so my cpu volts are left as standard or with a small offset which does improve your clockspeeds.
If you get the right setting.

Looks like your doing OK with the Vipers 3600@CL14
What settings did you use to get that ?

Associate
Still haven't installed mine yet (waiting for the Mobo i picked to come back in stock), but i did take a quick look at the chip yesterday. My god, i'm going to need a magnifying glass to install this thing right. That yellow orientation triangle is TINY! Especially compared to intel chips.

Should i try marking it with a red marker pen or something? or will that interfere with cooler thermal paste?

Soldato
Still haven't installed mine yet (waiting for the Mobo i picked to come back in stock), but i did take a quick look at the chip yesterday. My god, i'm going to need a magnifying glass to install this thing right. That yellow orientation triangle is TINY! Especially compared to intel chips.

Should i try marking it with a red marker pen or something? or will that interfere with cooler thermal paste?

They drop in easily. Honestly don't worry yourself over it.

Soldato
Anyone using a 3900x with a corsair h110i gt?

Did you have to buy a new mounting bracket and how does it perform?

Corsair seems to indicate the mount in the box will fit but it looks like it will ot in all pictures.

Associate
Associate
General consensus would be to under volt by 0.6v,though every chip is different.

I undervolt by 0.102v, pbo off, xfr on. It took hours and hours to find the best settings for my chip, but those settings get my 7340 in cinebench and single core speeds of 4.65

Last edited:
Associate
General consensus would be to under volt by 0.6v,though every chop is different.

I undervolt by 0.102v, pbo off, xfr on. It took hours and hours to find the best settings for my chip, but those settings get my 7340 in cinebench and single core speeds of 4.65
Likewise. Stock voltage was around 1.35 all core for me which caused the chip to slow down as temps reached 85c. -0.1v doesn't affect the boost speeds or single core performance but improves multi-core as the temps are around 70 so it will hold speeds for longer.

Soldato
General consensus would be to under volt by 0.6v,though every chip is different.

I have the pro version of your motherboard, can you go into any more details about the settings you used?

I keep tweaking things, but always seems to be detrimental to performance!

Associate
I have the pro version of your motherboard, can you go into any more details about the settings you used?

I keep tweaking things, but always seems to be detrimental to performance!

This is the very reason I've decided not to bother moving off Auto, you end up chasing better settings all the time.

Unless there is next gen leaps in performance I've decided its just not worth the time and effort

Besides, I've just played an hour of GTA online and 6 cores have all gone over 4.5 ghz some very close to 4.6 so I'm happy enough with that

Back
Top Bottom