• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Looking for new GPU £3/400 budget.

Soldato
You could be like me, still rocking a HD7970 with a 2500k :D Seriously with the games I play, I've not needed anything else at 1080p.

I think the arrival of Cyberpunk and the nextgen will be a hill too steep for the old girl. I'll wait for the Ryzen 4000 series and whatever midrange GPU's arrive before upgrading.

Associate
You could be like me, still rocking a HD7970 with a 2500k :D Seriously with the games I play, I've not needed anything else at 1080p.

I think the arrival of Cyberpunk and the nextgen will be a hill too steep for the old girl. I'll wait for the Ryzen 4000 series and whatever midrange GPU's arrive before upgrading.

My HD7950 literally set on fire recently :( devastating! Didn't feel like i needed an upgrade, but apparently my capacitors thought otherwise!

Caporegime
My HD7950 literally set on fire recently

image.png

Associate
Someone allways comes in with the voice of reason. But atm, some games are running a bit chuggy Control and GhostRecon Wildlands immediatly spring to mind..

You need to fiddle with Ubisoft games, which are a mess. I have a Vega 56 (so not far off a 5700) and it struggles with the latest AC games and the latest GhostRecon, I have to turn some settings down. I suppose I'm on an ultrawide, but still the AC games weren't performing anywhere near as well as the Tomb Raider games

Associate
I recently upgraded from my gtx 1070 to a rtx 2070, managed to pick it up at a great deal at £389.99 and also selling my old 1070, which seemed a lot cheaper than I thought! I can seeing people on here saying there's no point to the upgrade but I'm going to argue with that, I think they're wrong! I upgraded to 1440p 144hz and although the 1070 was okay at this resolution, it made such a difference with the 2070 ESPECIALLY in newer games, I could almost have 100% boost in performance!

For me I'm a sucker for quality/performance and the RTX 2070 hits the nail on the head with performance to cost ratio!

I got the Palit rtx 2070 dual card if you want to know :)

Associate
Yeah I'd wait if I was you. However if you can afford it then get a 5700XT. It's what I've done and I plan to get the XT cpus and then 4000 series and amds new gpu end of year, but it's what I do, my 5700XT is the powercolor twin fan, used to be £338.

Associate
Probably best to wait especially with current stock levels. I have a GTX1080 but the GTX1070 is still good for 1080p gaming on very high or ultra settings depending on the game and get at least 60fps. Im gonna wait until cyberpunk is out and see what performance is like and for what AMD and Nvidia will release around then. It seems with everyone looking to Cyberpunk both companies will be looking to make some good sales :)

Caporegime
If your motherboard and favoured game titles support SLI, I would not rule that out as an alternative avenue, especially given you can bag a (used) 1070 for relatively little - I had two 1070's in SLI prior to my 1080ti and in a fair few titles such as Project Cars 1 & 2 the SLI 1070's actually outperform my current 1080ti by a noticeable margin.

Back
Top Bottom