Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

Associate
I recently played this.

Pretty graphics but overall wasn't great. They couldn't even be bothered to sort out the controls for the PC. Controller is first class citizen and mouse and keyboard are secondary.

No way point system either. And very confusing maps and areas. Some parts where cool so it wasn't complete rubbish but I'd give it no more than a 6.5/10.
I did notice the very first menu pretty much telling you to use a controller instead of keyboard+mouse.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I did notice the very first menu pretty much telling you to use a controller instead of keyboard+mouse.

Is it a no go with a keyboard and mouse then? It's my next on the list to play and I hate using a controller for anything. Although there's no shooting involved so maybe it will be ok.

Caporegime
Is it a no go with a keyboard and mouse then? It's my next on the list to play and I hate using a controller for anything. Although there's no shooting involved so maybe it will be ok.
I played it with M&K and it was ok. Still managed everything in game.

Associate
No you can still use kb +m but they tell you it's better with controller at the startwstart means they didn't put much effort into kb+m

Associate
Started playing this (with m+kb) over the weekend. It looks stunning to be sure. Struggled for a while with the combat as it's not my typical type of game, keep forgetting to parry haha. But starting to get the hang of it. Also had to rebind the default dodge key from Z (which you can't even reach in combat unless you have magic fingers) to one of my mouse side buttons which made things much easier. After I did that things became much better too.

Soldato
the climb mechanics weird sometimes it just pulls the sabre out instead of clinging to a wall

You have to let Cal grab the wall first before pressing the 'climb' button, definitely takes some getting used to. I had many a death falling into a pit with my lightsaber at the ready. :D

Soldato
I just did the Tomb of Eilram, really enjoyable and puts Tomb Raider to shame. :p

The hitching isn't as bad since I moved it to nvme, but it's still a niggling annoyance although not taking the shine off too much.

Soldato
This is a pretty epic game! Uncharted & Tomb Raider with a mega budget set in the Star Wars universe but just so well made & interesting to play. ECS price is also excellent!!

Soldato
Just grabbed this for £11.99 from epic store using the voucher offer they have at the moment, looking forward to playing this, this will be the first Stars Game I have bought since Dark Forces!, tbh I only picked it because I enjoyed watching Mandalorian.

Did exactly the same a couple of days ago. I've downloaded it, but not played any yet. I'm still only a few hours into Cyberpunk, so that's got my attention at the mo. By the sounds of things I'll have to dust off xbox controller.

Soldato
Finally started this game the other day. About three-and-a-half hours in and... yeah, generally pretty much enjoying it.

Having grown up absolutely nuts about the original trilogy, any game that has me using a lightsaber (with those sound effects!) brings a little smile to my face.

I quite like that they decided to make the combat more tricky and have clearly gone a little bit Souls-lite with it. It does suffer from inviting Soulsborne comparisons, though. The combat in JFO is nowhere near as fluid or tactical. Character movement, weapon movesets, enemy tracking, all are a bit limited and/or janky. Not desperately bad by any means and actually better than a whole lot of games. It dilutes the penalty for death as well, since the skill points system effectively "banks" your "souls" and you only lose xp towards the next level - which never feels a particularly big setback. That's fine, though. Just something I was a bit surprised about once I'd seen the "bonfire" system and thought "ah, this is familar..." The real penalty for dying is the loading screen...

Not really sure I am appreciating the platformy nature of the levels. Even with shortcuts (which are often quite neatly done, to be fair) it makes navigation a bit of a chore and it often doesn't feel intuitive to find my way around.

It's nice to be back in the Star Wars universe for a bit and to have some lightsaber combat, though. I am quite liking the setting and story so far, too. (Not sure when or how bog-standard troopers became so good at duelling with (and blocking) lightsaber-wielding Jedi, though...)

It seems fine to me with kb&m as well. I tried a controller briefly. It didn't decrease the janky feeling at all, so went back to kb&m. It feels better to me that way.

Looking forward to continuing my playthrough.

Caporegime
It's epic. First half an hour, I thought it was a bit rubbish but I think I'm on day 5 or so now and it gets better each day. I have been loving all the exploration you can do although I am irked that I missed a few things and they are literally miles away from the start point of each map. It will take some serious effort for me to go and try and find them.

Back
Top Bottom