What was the first game you ever played?

Permabanned
First I remember was The Last Ninja on the C64 - incredible game, where my lifelong love affair with gaming started!
Playing that as your first game would have been mind blowing, it was mind blowing to me back in 1987 on release day, wiping the the floor with 99% of titles released at the time. A new benchmark was set for others to follow. The Last Ninja is Legendary, a timeless classic never to be forgotten.

Real band playing here, Matt Grays Central park Level in Ninja 2 and lets not forget the late Ben Daglish who passed away in October 2018.

Original

Soldato
Space invaders on a home built computer, I was maybe age 7.

All those years later I have 2 1979 Taito arcade games in garage, unfortunately both need restoring to work again.

Man of Honour
Our first computer was an Acorn Electron so it would have been one of the games on that, such as Chuckie Egg, Repton, Boxer, Chip Buster etc.

Associate
I was looking through some youtubes last night and noticed there was a modern remake of the first game I played. Then I thought, I don't think anyone as asked the question on here; What is the first game you ever played, and on what system?

Pong. On a dedicated console. May have been a Magnovox. I was too young to remember much.

Many, many years later, you young kids with your ZX80s and VIC20s came along.. :D

Soldato
A bat and ball game on a Binatone console in the early 80s. I was about 5 so can't remember much about it.

After that I got a ZX Spectrum +2 128K and the first game I played on that was Treasure Island.

Associate
Pitfall on the Atari 2600, then I went over to the C64 and stayed with Commodore all the way until the end of them :(

Amiga gaming days are still the best fun I have had.

Associate
First computer in the house was an Amstrad CPC464 so it could have been any one of the pack-in games, but I'd guess it was either Harrier Attack or Roland on the Ropes. But I may have been visiting friends with computers before then so it might have been Pole Position or TI Invaders on a TI99/4A. And I seem to remember playing Spy Hunter on the school Speccy, or that Horizons Survival educational game.

Soldato
Space Invaders, waaaay back in the 70s.

First "gaming machine" I owned was a Spectrum. First game was Arcadia, which was a (very good!) Galaxians rip off.

Got a Coleco Vision was my first console. That was unbelievably awesome. Shame I binned that a decade or so back...

Back
Top Bottom