Plex Server, NAS vs Nvidia Shield Pro

Soldato
Hope this is the right section.
Is the Nvidia Shield a good option for a plex server or is it better to use a NAS im looking at the Qnap 453D has a celeran J4125 CPU.

Last edited:
Associate
I've looked at NAS's but for the price you pay, an UnRaid plex server is soo much cheaper for a lot more power.

If you are not fussed about spending money and want a "set it and forget it" then go for QNAP or Synology, otherwise I'd recommend UnRaid.

Soldato
Echo'd here as well. Its the only reason I kept hold of my launch 16gb Shield after recently getting a Vero 4k+.

lo7vUQm.jpg.png

Works great and means I don't have to have it running off the PC. I only use Plex as the wife and kids find it easier to use than Kodi which I use. (no native TV app)

Soldato
OP
After the wife saying she wants simplicity i got the NAS, plenty fast enough, i can overload it, had every firestick and every phone streaming and it was doing it with ease.
Bonus is it has Pi-hole built in so a quick DNS redirect and thats working as well.
Means going forward i only need the cheaper none Pro shields to replace the really old slow firesticks.

Back
Top Bottom