Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
Moved my desk and sorted out cleaning it up, works well now.

y4mJ-962HFHVLgz2qHdWtRaVCWgYock7FN26PfM-4O2samDOoJPrYsznOu3UjTvRI8ZKhelzTCRt-fJHnssH2NpdLupezG_O3PR5r330Fttw_BQX8IZqTSpQ4Nd0LeMDqFhcQZJq8aLbP1P2SHFtvXln5RaJjVmTLLJNCn3ARjSg0vwNsOtLnKZKwzm8f95T__0Tqjjn27D-EtBiRAk1NTETg

Soldato
Nice selfie light :p
Fanks, it's ideal for my only fans. ;)

Which monitor do you have there in the middle?
It's the Dell S2719DGF mounted on an arm from Amazon. Does the job for gaming well but it's not so good for image editing when it comes to colour representation but as a general all rounder, it's not too bad. Left is an ancient Dell 21" thing, it's awful but does the job for second screen stuff.

Soldato
So some changes, as usual ;)

The Kanto speakers have a new OcUK home, I wanted to move to an amp and passive speakers so I now have a Sabaj A3 amp/DAC and Q Acoustic 3010i setup, really good and they look stunning.

My watercooled PC I sold to my brother. It was a good project but ultimately overkill for what I needed. I'm finding less time to game and less enjoyment so the setup is geared more to productivity now. The monitor is an LG 4K because I spend most of the day looking at code/text/web/office.

Swapped the Razer Viper Ultimate for a Logitech G603, wanted something a little more palm and mega battery life.

I have plans for a new chair soon too.

blackbox-7.jpg

New PC lives under the desk now.

blackbox-1.jpg

blackbox-6.jpg

3600x, B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB 3600 C16 RAM, Red Devil 5700XT, Meshify C and lots of Be Quiet! cooling.

That little desk amp can power those things?

I have passive speakers myself but thinking of moving to (attractive) looking actives off of an audio interface already used for a mic, saves clutter.

I suppose though with your fetish for white your finish choices are severely limited!

Had one of those G602's before. Good mouse until it got the notorious double click issue, replaced it for a smaller G305. Love that thing.

Soldato
Certainly seems that way, yeah. I just do it sporadically on and off and have been for a couple years, only just bothered to sort out a camera and light though, not sure if that's better or worse for viewers mind. :D

Soldato
Certainly seems that way, yeah. I just do it sporadically on and off and have been for a couple years, only just bothered to sort out a camera and light though, not sure if that's better or worse for viewers mind. :D
Hah, I'm sure viewers would prefer I did anonymous Let's Plays instead of appearing on cam. It does look like a fun hobby though.

Soldato
Change ya background atleast!

Edit: was it you that bought a house on my road? Take it your still not in then?

Ha, I use fences and the desktop is normally covered in stuff, but hid it all as a lot of work related stuff is normally sat on the desktop.

Yes, it is I that have bought the house but it has been subject to the obvious delays at the moment. Things are starting to move again now though, but fingers remain crossed.

Soldato
Still need to do a bit more cable management, but just moved my gaming PC up to my new flat (had it for 3 months but not fully moved in yet due to lockdown) - still need to figure out where to put the mic arm (headphones/mic not pictured) and the audio interface, so temporarily on top of the speaker. Gone from having a small 105cm desk at my old place to the 2m Linmon. Much better! Will undoubedly still re-arrange a few bits.

cE4dUNu.jpg

The monitor is looking a little small now though..

Soldato
Looking very clean. Totally stealing lots of inspiration from this thread!

Does the bar get in the way?
I've kicked it nearly every time I've sat down - but today is genuinely the first time I've actually sat at the desk, once i'm sat I don't notice it. Will just need to get used to it. I could move it back a bit with fresh holes, but i'd rather the extra stability IMO.

Back
Top Bottom