What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
It definitely seems to be working fine from what I can see.

Just in case though, what would you recommend instead? Optimate 3?

I've had Optimates, Oximisers and many others over the years, and as far as "recovering" batteries is concerned, after a lot of reading, research and real-world experience, I've come to the conclusion that once you've damaged a lead acid by deep discharge or sulfation, it's basically going to die whatever you do. It's just a matter of time. These days I just use my trusty old Gunson automatic charger when I need a top up, and at the first hint of issues I just buy a cheap replacement. Expensive "Premium" replacements seem to behave identically to cheap Chinese ones. Not very enviro-friendly, but what are you gonna do?

It does seem to me that batteries are way more consumable these days than they once were though. In the 90s I used to leave bikes for months, chuck them on a charger overnight and ride away.

Associate
Refit my exhaust this morning, had a slight leak where the link pipe attaches to the slip on, the exhaust paste provided was terrible so picked up some high temp silicone gasket stuff. Takes 24hrs to cure so I'll check it over tomorrow. Also removed the baffle so I'll see how that goes tomorrow too.

Last edited:
Soldato
It definitely seems to be working fine from what I can see.

Just in case though, what would you recommend instead? Optimate 3?
I have the CTEK MXS 3.8 and a 5.0 for my two bikes and recommend them.

Consider paying the little bit extra for the 5 if you have a car and may ever need to charge it.

Man of Honour
I've been considering something like that or an Abba stand.. Where'd you get that from?

Can it support the engine to take forks off like an Abba stand at all?
Its the Clarke CML3 from Machine Mart. The bike just sits on its centre stand or paddock stands. You would need an additional scissor jack to sit under the block if you were going to take the forks off. The advantage is that it is it a comfortable working height when standing.

Soldato
Its the Clarke CML3 from Machine Mart. The bike just sits on its centre stand or paddock stands. You would need an additional scissor jack to sit under the block if you were going to take the forks off. The advantage is that it is it a comfortable working height when standing.

Completely agree, working at height is much better than scratting around on the floor.
*looks when machine mart sales are on lol.

Man of Honour
Ktm 690 smc r?

Edit: wow no thats 73kg lighter how the hell is the mt10 so heavy?

Close, I’m making a thread about it soon.

The MT10 is surprisingly heavy, and it doesn’t hide the weight at all like the S1000R (this is not the bike I bought) does as it’s all up high in the bike.

It’s incredible to be able to ride 280km before the low fuel light now instead of the 180km of the MT10.

Back
Top Bottom