Sega Game Gear Micro

Soldato
So this is a bit of a weird one out of nowhere, but Sega are releasing 4 different micro Game Gear consoles, and micro is the optimal word. Smaller than a Game Boy Micro with a 1.15" screen, looks to be about $50 each, or you can get a multi pack with all 4 plus other stuff for $250. Each one comes with 4 games on them, no word on if we are getting a US or EU release. M2 are doing the emulation again as well.

Colours and Games:

Black
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Puyo Puyo 2
  • Out Run
  • Royal Stone
Blue
  • Sonic Chaos
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Sylvan Tale
  • Baku Baku Animal
Yellow
  • Shining Force Gaiden: Ensei – Jashin no Kuni he
  • Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya
  • Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict
  • Nazopuyo Aruru no Ru
Red
  • Revelations: The Demon Slayer
  • Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special
  • The GG Shinobi
  • Columns
Definitely looks more like collection pieces rather than workable consoles, my hands cramp up playing Nintendo Switch sometimes, so I have no hope with this.

Released October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJD0VZQzK1s&t=7s

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/3/21278895/sega-game-gear-micro-games-list-price-magnifying-glass

Soldato
OP
Seems like a bit of a joke tbh, theyll have zero usability and most phones will likely play them better lol

Pretty much, I might get one as a curio if they release them here for cheap enough, but if they'd been a bit bigger, like maybe the size of an original Game Boy Advance, and had more games on them, I might have been more interested.

Associate
Apparently the big news is cloud gaming for japanese arcades

These micros lol, if you buy all for you get a magnifer glass. I love retro stuff and I'm a sucker for the mini consoles but they should be about £5 each.

Soldato
Baffling. I can't understand the lack of games either. Those roms are only kb's in size, there's really no logical reason to only include 4 games. I really wish Sega would rise from the ashes and become a big name again but not if they're going to do things like this.

Soldato
I just can't understand who would have signed this off.

A slimline version with all the classics and the link cable changed to a wireless play option would have sold I am sure, this will be a flop other than absolute hardcore SEGA nerds.

Back
Top Bottom