MOT exemption from 30th March

Soldato
Best strategy is to leave it so you get it extended to December and then do the MOT mid-November so you don't waste any of the 'free extension' time you've gained. This is of course assuming you don't feel the MOT needs doing sooner for roadworthiness reasoning (which i guess may be a possibility if you have cable ties holding bits together).
They are only holding the heat shield up.

I could just get a few self tappers and drill them into the body underneath then no issues.

Soldato
Mines due end of this month, however it's a bm and I've got a vehicle inspection due (which reading the internet might be an not but not 100% sure), and brake fluid in July, I'm wondering if I'd be better off just getting them done at the same time.

Soldato
I've accepted that I'm going to break my manufacturers servicing record by a few months (assuming it's not really possible to have it serviced locally before end June). The "only" impact that has for me is possible minor resale value rather than any warranty implications etc though. Given current circumstances you'd like to think companies would give some sort of extension of terms where reliant on servicing schedule

Because they're all nice, right?

Soldato
I've accepted that I'm going to break my manufacturers servicing record by a few months (assuming it's not really possible to have it serviced locally before end June). The "only" impact that has for me is possible minor resale value rather than any warranty implications etc though. Given current circumstances you'd like to think companies would give some sort of extension of terms where reliant on servicing schedule

Because they're all nice, right?

Toyota have sent me the following
"We know you were due a Service/MOT in April but due to Covid19 restrictions, we couldn't see you. We would like to reassure you that late servicing due to the Covid restrictions, will not affect your warranty."

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/ser...campaign=ToyotaAfterSales.April.Covid19Update

Soldato
They are only holding the heat shield up.

I could just get a few self tappers and drill them into the body underneath then no issues.

So an update.

I got the extension until 8th December 2020.

Spoken to my garage, they are going to check the car over for me on Friday, so if there is anything majorly wrong i can get it sorted, and anything else can be sorted over the next few months.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Best strategy is to leave it so you get it extended to December and then do the MOT mid-November so you don't waste any of the 'free extension' time you've gained. This is of course assuming you don't feel the MOT needs doing sooner for roadworthiness reasoning (which i guess may be a possibility if you have cable ties holding bits together).

As mine is a car without a roof or windscreen, I'll be getting the MOT done around the end of August (currently expires 9th July). Don't fancy taking it for an MOT in Jan!

Soldato
Are they still extending mot's? When will mot extension stop? Mines due mot in july i usually get it motd mid june so wondering if they will still be extending. My local place has put mot on hold due to low staff and are just focusing on major issues

Soldato
Are they still extending mot's? When will mot extension stop? Mines due mot in july i usually get it motd mid june so wondering if they will still be extending. My local place has put mot on hold due to low staff and are just focusing on major issues
At the moment yes they are still extending.

however will they be in July ? Nobody know, but i feel its unlikely. Its really upto you and your conscience.

my car is old, its a 2004 xsara picasso. My mot has been extended until december.
But my garage checked it over yesterday and all that is wrong is 2 tyres have low tread, and the anti roll bar links are worn.
I’m picking up the roll bar links today and will change tomorrow, and the tyres i’ll do next week. Come October i’ll have it retested, so i don’t have any issues in December !

Soldato

The extension should be applied automatically around 7 days Before the mot due date. The gov website is still saying any car due after 30 March will be automatically extended. No idea when this will stop being done.....

Soldato
Mine will be due end of July, I will probably get it done anyway if I can, as sod's law will be they rescind it a day before my deferral gets applied and then i'll have just a week to get it booked in somewhere :p

Soldato
I have had a skim through this thread and couldn't see it, but forgive me if this has been answered already.

But if your MOT was due say June 2020, and got extended to December 2020. You get your MOT done in Dec 2020, is that MOT then valid for 12 months going forward?

I'm assuming so?

Man of Honour
I have had a skim through this thread and couldn't see it, but forgive me if this has been answered already.

But if your MOT was due say June 2020, and got extended to December 2020. You get your MOT done in Dec 2020, is that MOT then valid for 12 months going forward?

I'm assuming so?
Correct.

My bike has been extended to Dec but I'll be getting it done in the next couple of weeks to keep a summer MOT going.

Soldato

I'm assuming so?
Yes.

But you can also have it MOT'd any time before the extension ends. However i believe you lose the full months before.

So for example mine is now due Dec 2020. I''ll likely get it done around October, so it will reset and be valid until October next year.

Soldato

I'm assuming so?

12 months from the date of MOT. Mine got extended until October but was MOT’d yesterday while it was in for a service, expires 7th June 2021.

That said was the first MOT.

Man of Honour
If I get the extension I'll not MOT it until the new due date. Not sure why you'd so anything different? Seems like a waste of money.

Soldato
If I get the extension I'll not MOT it until the new due date. Not sure why you'd so anything different? Seems like a waste of money.

An extra trip to the garage was my reason, plus it's half price when done at the same time as a service. In my case when keeping the car for years an extra 4 months isn't worth the extra hassle.

Back
Top Bottom